Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Anyone got an SIDI Car? Whats it like?

Reaction score
Members Ride
Audi A4 Quattro B8
600km city/highway is not bad. I wonder if its the same with the V6 Statesman being a heavier car.

SV666

The Commodore Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS EXEC SII
Atm I am getting around 12.2-6L/KM with my sidi sv6, only done 1300km so shes still brand new on my 3rd tank put some v-power just for hell of it let you guys know what i get from it.

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
i'm almost at 8000km, and did notice a little difference after first 3k service. Apparently they reset it so it takes a new fuel map reading. I noticed a small improvement (.3 - .5) in fuel economy.

good to hear that it continues to improve a little more as it gets to 20k. makes sence I guess, engine is still getting 'warmed up' at such low k's :).

I've only driven the 3.6SIDI on a few occasions, and yeah of course it responds better- it's bigger! But I dont reckon its worth spending the extra cash getting it.

For the same money, I got leather body kit and 20's with the 3L. Easy choice :).

I reckon Holden have done awesome with the new 6spd though. I think it's absolutely perfect for the 3L... very happy. Definitely feels like I have more under foot with the SIDI 3L than the old 3.6 clunker!

SV666

The Commodore Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS EXEC SII
Day 1:

There was a notice in power and torque, on the way to work today i drove normally so revs were in between 2k 2.5k 85% of the time being in that particular rev zone the car still felt torquey in the low rev range compared to regular fuel i noticed. So that was my first initial findings good to know when there's bumper to bumper traffic no need to plant it (obviously) when i got to work 25min- 1/2 hour later i was using 11.2L/km and my range was 750km.

On the way home traffic was light and wanted to notice the power difference above 2.5k. Amazing! felt awesome car really responds well to the v-power, yes i did take it up to 5k... just once :) When i got home checked it again read 12.2L/km and range was 500km.

But again the car is still very new so these readings probably won't mean as much but i thought I'd like to share on what some of the SIDI's are capable of at this point.

VicCop

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Commodore SV6 SII
We just got one of our work (police) cars replaced with an SIDI. Bloody very responsive with quick gear changes. Even in manual mode it changes when you tell it to, not when it feels it should change.

Wouldn't have a clue fuel economy wise because it hasn't been driven enough to notice. Besides, we don't really care because we're not paying.

MySV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SV6
Even in manual mode it changes when you tell it to, not when it feels it should change.

Coming from a VZ SV6 with a 5 speed auto box to the VE's 6 speed auto, I'm amazed at the difference. They are a brilliant box & I use manual mode a fair bit - 2nd is sweet for overtaking. 60km to, errrrr 100kmh or the Posted speed limit, in the blink of an eye :smoking:

3rd gear is great for mountain climbs, but the stock tyres are a little slippery for my liking, so I'm not game to push it too hard anyway.

Edit: as for fuel, yeah mines a novated lease car, so I dont have to pay for fuel when I fill up.... Sort of.

SPack

Wish it would rain......
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY10 SV6 sportwagon (phantom)
I've just been through the fuel records for my SV6 SIDI sportwagon. I've now done nearly 9000km and in my opinion it just gets better all the time.

For the fuel use between 3141 km and 8291 km on the odometer (5142 km) I used 549 litres of fuel so my average economy was 10.68 l/100km.

That is not too bad considering my daily driving involves short trips between 5km and 30km (not a lot of city traffic though). Longer trips... usually 200-300km are with the car fully loaded and 2 adults, 3 kids lots of hills and varying speeds. I am not what you would call a conservative driver, I use the power and the full rev range too. I love the launch and responsivenes...I've also given the car it's head a couple of times too..impressive results.

anyhow...they are real world figures from actual fuel usage, not the trip computer.

The X Man

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES II SV6 SIDI
I took a SV6 SIDI for a drive today and wasn't impressed by it's power output. I planted the foot whilst doing 60kms/hr and it just doesn't have the same pull as a FG Falcon to Toyota Aurion. Perhaps the fact that it had only 500kms on the odometer might explain this but nevertheless i was expecting more, a lot more.