Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Anyones aircon shutoff for no reason?

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
:)

i was feeling silly.... friday afternoon and busting to get home, but had to kill some time at work.... so typing all that bullcrap made it look like I was working real hard at my desk :).

Nikk_90

TINBUM
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
or..... the button wasnt pressed at all, and its just Leo Decaprio creating an alternate reality because the old guy was really someone just trying to plant an idea of 'old' into your head! who knows, maybe you're still there? got a spinning top to test (aka Perception) ?

i'm freaking out... really.
very scary indeed. really makes you think that movie

oh, and i had this happen twice in my old 60th sv6 ute. turned off and on as well and fixed. weird..

Last edited:

dredrum

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Berlina Sedan
I'm more inclined to go with ufo's explanation than admit that Holden could possibly have inferior electrical systems :0

Daniel73

Reaction score
Members Ride
ssv ve
Dads had his omega in and out of holden regarding the aircon just shutting off with no explanation. they have no idea what it is and are frustrated themselves regarding this. does it only happen on hot days or just when you are swerving to miss old men on the road?

unitdiplomacy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 CalaisV Sportwagon V8 Auto
i had the same thing happen in my 2006 Omega, only on hot days the Air Con would work, then stop randomly, if i turned the 'knob' off then on a few times it would work again. Maybe a solenoid thing? didn't really get it investigated

DynoVE

DVSVE
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
this happened to me twice so far. on hot days id have the a/c cranking. all of a sudden it would switch off.

what i found to fix it was to suffer in the heat.. windows down for a few minutes then turn the dials again and it worked lol

azzss

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY 9.5 SSV Sportswagon M6 & 08 prado D4D GXL M6
Mine did it too and i reckon it was iceing up the evapator because we'd turn it off for a bit and turn it back on and away it went again. Only happend on long drives/hot days etc. Holden agreed this could be the issue, and i think they fitted a new pressure switch and seems to be all good now!. They admitted to us some ve's had this problem.