Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Are Ex or Current Cops cars equipped with a modifed chip?

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Bah, she'll be right knackers :thumbsup:

cpbait

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss commodore 5.7ltr
my vy ss is an ex cop car and is stock, but has digital speedo and has a sticker on the drivers door saying it has the speedo dyno calibrated in nsw.
also has a button for the lights dimming in the center were the window switches are, etc, but doesn't work and my map lights on the interior light don't work, but the interior light does. replaced the bulbs but still no go, anyone know how to get them working?

oh yeh and a **** load of holes in the carpet, dash (been dodgely patched up), parcel shelf, boot and a toggle switch on the dash just near headlight switch.
according to a holden tech it would have been an unmarked togie car.

also there used to be a hsv gto in melbourne that was a marked cop car, yellow with the plates HSVGTO, used to see unmarked silver BA xr6 turbos dragging people and intraping them, as well as a girl i knew who's dad is a senior cop told us back in 2002 that the cops had recently got a fleet of evo's and some saabs as unmarked cars, and that they can use what ever they like pritty much as long as all fits with in budgets.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
my vy ss is an ex cop car and is stock, but has digital speedo and has a sticker on the drivers door saying it has the speedo dyno calibrated in nsw.
also has a button for the lights dimming in the center were the window switches are, etc, but doesn't work and my map lights on the interior light don't work, but the interior light does. replaced the bulbs but still no go, anyone know how to get them working?

Probably Holdens can switch off the cop settings for you - thats the bits with the lights and stuff.

davway

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK LS1 Statesman

open your fuse box under the dash, and plug the harness back in - youll know what i mean when you find it.
you should now have the extra light controls working.

cpbait

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss commodore 5.7ltr
oh ok, sweet as, i'll have a look tomorrow and see if i can find it, thanks for that, will let you know how i go :thumbsup:

davway

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK LS1 Statesman
if that isnt correct, let me know and ill go outside and double check how its hooked up.
pretty sure thats all we had to do when we got ours.

davway

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK LS1 Statesman
dont no y people payn more money for bt1's anyway id stay away as most of them have been thrashed more then a p platers car cops dont take care of the car cos its not theres

meh - changed my post.

thats fine, the more people that dont want to touch them, the cheaper they are at auction.
suits me perfectly.

cpbait

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss commodore 5.7ltr
i got my vyss ex cop car cheap, got it 2.5 years ago for $22,000, with 124,000km's on the clock from a holden dealer, interior and exterior were immaculate, just needed 1st second rebuilt in the auto which was all done under holden warranty, other than that for 22k i thought was good, they had it for $27,000 but no one had bought it obviously, probably cause of the auto, i got it for $22,000 and had the auto fixed under warranty and all good since. apparently it was going to wholesalers at the end of the month which was a week till then and i got wholesale prices of $28,000 for the same model with just as many kays at the same time and the wholesalers one looked like it had coped a beating.

cpbait

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss commodore 5.7ltr
open your fuse box under the dash, and plug the harness back in - youll know what i mean when you find it.
you should now have the extra light controls working.

i opened the fuse box panel under the dash and the only wire i could see was one wrapped in with a fuse, but couldn't see where it goes into.