Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Audio System Upgrade - VFII Calais V

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Sounds like the Kayan unit has its own issues to contend with :(

Pity no one has worked out how to hack the MyLink so we can remove the useless pandora feature and sideload our own apps and maps (with the old map data being my main point of annoyance and why I wanted AA/ACP).

Oddly the maps on MyLink have the same non existent street as on my NavMan, which implies maps are from the same source. It’s likely Holden would have massaged the data into some bullshit proprietary format). But does anyone have the MyLink map data on a USB stick as used by Holden service? It would be interesting to see the Holden update file and how they wrap the map data within in comparison to the NavMan data o_O

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
^ true but by hacked I mean having information available on the web as to how owners can get into their system and make s/w changes and add remove applications, you know in a open source spirit that helps owners when manufacturers use proprietary systems to screw their customers.

M

mwb235

^ true but by hacked I mean having information available on the web as to how owners can get into their system and make s/w changes and add remove applications, you know in a open source spirit that helps owners when manufacturers use proprietary systems to screw their customers.

Car manufacturers + open source? We wish...

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Many auto makers are using or planning to use Linux but wrap their stuff in custom software which is rather hypocritical. They build off someone else’s work and don’t share :( for this to change, it needs people to find it wrong and complain while voting with their wallets o_O

I think even QNX was initially built off open source software and migrated slowly to closed source. Early android was also built off Linux + open source software with a slow rewrite of parts as closed source as they made money and claimed the market. It’s getting more closed source as time goes by. Google and their “do no evil” chant is being exposed for the rubbish it is.

VFHDT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF HDT
Im running a full system (Focal 3 ways up front 2x12"subs) 2 amps all running through the Mylink system into an Audison Bit Ten D processor , Could not be happier. No Issues at all. Originally i looked into the Kayhan system also BUT reading reviews on Facebook (Vf club , Car Audio etc..) i decided against it as i would say 80 negative reviews regarding product and service.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Sounds like the Kayan unit has its own issues to contend with :(

Pity no one has worked out how to hack the MyLink so we can remove the useless pandora feature and sideload our own apps and maps (with the old map data being my main point of annoyance and why I wanted AA/ACP).

Oddly the maps on MyLink have the same non existent street as on my NavMan, which implies maps are from the same source. It’s likely Holden would have massaged the data into some bullshit proprietary format). But does anyone have the MyLink map data on a USB stick as used by Holden service? It would be interesting to see the Holden update file and how they wrap the map data within in comparison to the NavMan data o_O

I have my map data on a USB stick for my first VF. The update would be the one prior to this one and it is encrypted. I only just looked at it the other day and noticed the VIN was also in another file. The maps are supplied from a 3rd party and made for the Panasonic unit.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
^ yeah I know the updates are VIN locked but it would still be interesting to see the files :)

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
^ yeah I know the updates are VIN locked but it would still be interesting to see the files :)
while they might have a designated vin and be encrypted it is not a one way encryption so they can be decrypted if the keys are found.

another way might be to flash the vin that is in the update to the eeprom in the mylink then apply the update to the mylink then flash the original vin back to the mylinks eeprom.
as long as the update check only checks the mylinks stored vin it should in theory work.