Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Audio System Upgrade - VFII Calais V

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
I can drop it off to you!
Might be difficult to meet up in person. Maybe you can drop a password encrypted zip file of the contents on some site and pm me a link :)

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Might be difficult to meet up in person. Maybe you can drop a password encrypted zip file of the contents on some site and pm me a link :)

Why is that? we can compare our special editions side by side.

Philmecrackun

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Calais V 6.2L 1972 Ford Galaxie Wagon 400ci
I can drop it off to you!
I know it's a big ask, but any chance of dropping them off as a file to google drive, dropbox or whatever, as I would like to mess with it as I tinker with other units and would like to do something with my outdated maps on MyLinks.

Banjo79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportwagon
Im running a full system (Focal 3 ways up front 2x12"subs) 2 amps all running through the Mylink system into an Audison Bit Ten D processor , Could not be happier. No Issues at all. Originally i looked into the Kayhan system also BUT reading reviews on Facebook (Vf club , Car Audio etc..) i decided against it as i would say 80 negative reviews regarding product and service.
Nice system. Which Focals are you running? Pods or flush mount? Any chance of a pic?

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
as i posted HERE i am removing the kayhan unit, buy one at your own risk.

Beekeeper285

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf2 redline ute
The installer that I used, Marty Price at FHRX, left the existing head unit in place with all of its normal functionality. He then replaced the tweeter and bass with German Maestro speakers, replaced the existing two subs with two Focal 8 inches, and drove everything through a helix processor/ amplifier.

Key things. The maestro bass and tweeters went easily into the existing door and pillar spaces. Secondly the helix went in easily underneath the driver seat. Thirdly all cabling needs to go down the driver's side because there is existing cabling on the other that can cause interference. By doing it this way all of the existing functionality through the OEM head unit was maintained. I challenge anyone looking at my vehicle interior to spot that there is a very serious sound system aboard.

This approach might be of use to someone thinking about how to improve the existing sound system.

Two other things. Marty sound proofed just about everywhere, such that some of my passengers are not aware they are in a v8 [For those of you who think this is sacrilege put the window down a bit].

Secondly, my vehicle is the series 2 vf ute. Perhaps that is an odd choice of vehicle to go high end on but if you are doing a lot of country miles there is no doubt they go quicker with quality music. For those with a ute doing some serious miles this is a relatively easy improvement.

Last edited: