Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

auto trans v6 wagon suddenly acting erratic.

Matman44

Reaction score
Members Ride
wh caprice
Hi all, on my way home today I noticed my 2009 VE iNTERNATIONAL v6 wagon trans didn`t change up very readily, over the next few k`s it hung on the lower gears a bit longer than usual and also seemed to `flare` a couple of times. Got home , checked the fluid level - all good.
Any ideas where I should be looking. Thanks.

uglyoldfatbastard

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SV6, 2010 International, 1996 VS Exec
Hi all, on my way home today I noticed my 2009 VE iNTERNATIONAL v6 wagon trans didn`t change up very readily, over the next few k`s it hung on the lower gears a bit longer than usual and also seemed to `flare` a couple of times. Got home , checked the fluid level - all good.
Any ideas where I should be looking. Thanks.
Just had a 2010 International V6 do the same thing was back flushed and new filter in January and last week pan off and filter blocked up with crap and lots of shrapnel in the pan.
$400 trans from wrecker + seals and filter kit and one hell of a lot of swearing, cursing and a a black fingernail later and all fixed.

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
Mine is doing the same, so I'm going to take it for a transmission service and hope it's fixed...

Matman44

Reaction score
Members Ride
wh caprice
Mine is doing the same, so I'm going to take it for a transmission service and hope it's fixed...
hope its nothing serious, i think i`ll give mine a filter and oil change, see how that goes. keep us posted on yours yeah? cheers

Matman44

Reaction score
Members Ride
wh caprice
Just had a 2010 International V6 do the same thing was back flushed and new filter in January and last week pan off and filter blocked up with crap and lots of shrapnel in the pan.
$400 trans from wrecker + seals and filter kit and one hell of a lot of swearing, cursing and a a black fingernail later and all fixed.
I seem to remember the Carry on Films had a `black fingernail gang` ha.
You did well at $400 plus blood sweat and tears..
by the way , do you know how i can id. the eng and trans in my car. its 2009 VE V6 AUTO International. cheers

uglyoldfatbastard

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SV6, 2010 International, 1996 VS Exec
do you know how i can id. the eng in my car. its 2009 VE V6 AUTO International
Lift the bonnet and read the id tag near the air filter. Will have all sorts of codes.
I am going to guess the engine might be a LF1 and the Trans a MYB but looking will fill you in.

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
hope its nothing serious, i think i`ll give mine a filter and oil change, see how that goes. keep us posted on yours yeah? cheers
I don't think it's ever been serviced which is why it's doing what it's doing...

Matman44

Reaction score
Members Ride
wh caprice
Lift the bonnet and read the id tag near the air filter. Will have all sorts of codes.
I am going to guess the engine might be a LF1 and the Trans a MYB but looking will fill you in.
thanks mate