Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

B.C.M. Problems

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Take the BCM out of the system and count how many B codes you get!
ZERO
All you will get is U codes because without the BCM B codes will not show.
Go on give it a try before you make outlandish incorrect statements.
exactly my point when i said you do not understand the system ;)

Here is a deal if Nev can show me and the rest of the members on the forum this special VF ECU that throws B codes I will ask to have my membership deleted and I will leave forever.
Now that is a deal and a half because there is quite a few members want me gone.
So come on Nev the whole forum is watching now and your PM box will be filling up fast as they all know Nev would never make up a story.

you are just being childish now.
nobody wants you gone and its not a d!ck waving contest, maybe for you it is but it is not that.

it is the simple fact that you know you expressed yourself wrong and are not able to accept the fact that a b code does not mean faulty bcm.

you do not seem to understand that the bcm will issue codes for modules attached to it including the ecu, if the bcm has a mismatch with the ecu it will issue a b code from the bcm because the bcm detected an issue with the ecu.

this is what nev pointed out to you, the bcm issued the code but the problem was the ecu/ecm but you got stuck on stupid over what modules produce what types of codes without considering the fact that some modules produce codes because they are reacting to issues in other modules within the system.

i have said it a number of times now, just because the bcm issued the "b" code it does not mean the bcm is the faulty module, means the bcm has detected it.
a b code can also be issued for a problem with the bcm which is why you need to perform the diagnostic process as outlined by gm.

look at the code at face value...

B101E 46 "Electronic Control Unit" Software Configuration Not Programmed

that does not say "body control module" so what are you going to program?
the bcm or ecu?
or are you going to perform diagnostics on both to work it out before attempting to reprogram anything ?

Last edited:

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
You don't and that is obvious
i know you dont because you have just repeated what you looked up on google but the problem with that is google does not actually give you the information necessary to enter a debate on this topic.

you thought it did when you decided to take it upon yourself to try and correct nev in this post but the problem is nev actually knew what he was talking about where you didnt and even the diagnostic procedure from gm does not agree with you.

but because you are arrogant you cannot accept things you do wrong, instead you try to play the victim and make it look like people are attacking you or want you gone.

you started the whole debate and you are wrong when you think a b code is only associated with a bcm fault and that reprogramming the bcm would fix it.

Martbar

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF Series 2 SSV Redline.
The Sparky never told me to replace the BCM, he told me that he thought it might be BCM related and it needed further investigation by a Holden Technician.
Based on the information that I was able to obtain at that time, l
agreed with him.
Now after the posts from stooge and RevNev it could definitely be that the BCM is receiving corrupted information from another module.
I don't even know enough about this stuff to be dangerous.
When I asked the Sparky if he had load tested the battery, there was a pause before he said yes.
Cheers.

Martbar

Reaction score
Members Ride
I don't know who's right or wrong in this disagreement as I don't even know what a 'B Code' is, but I have found it interesting and I also know from previous good info who I'd trust to ask if I needed help.

It has highlight one thing for me, my lack of skill when it comes to modern day vehicles, I am good with doors though, both opening and closing them using only the door handle, so if someone wants advice on that I'm available.

Ditto

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
The Sparky never told me to replace the BCM, he told me that he thought it might be BCM related and it needed further investigation by a Holden Technician.
agreed with him.
Now after the posts from stooge and RevNev it could definitely be that the BCM is receiving corrupted information from another module.
When I asked the Sparky if he had load tested the battery, there was a pause before he said yes.
Cheers.
Your sparky is probably aware that his scan tool doesn't provide the depth of information of the GM GDS2 system and is the reason he recommended a dealer to scan and diagnose the problem. His scan tool likely shows only the BCM fault codes with no reference to what else may be triggering the code.

Martbar

Reaction score
Members Ride
Your sparky is probably aware that his scan tool doesn't provide the depth of information of the GM GDS2 system and is the reason he recommended a dealer to scan and diagnose the problem. His scan tool likely shows only the BCM fault codes with no reference to what else may be triggering the code.
Indeed, cheers mate.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
agreed with him.
Cheers.

well its a bit messed up your thread got hijacked but if you can find a holden dealer then get holden to diagnose it.

i mentioned before to get a free load check done on the battery because they do drop cells and cause voltage fluctuations which cause havoc with modules that require stable voltages, this is a known problem with modern vehicles.
the fact the battery needed regular charging can be indicative of a faulty cell or something in the charging system.
this is why i said do the battery first.

i think its best just to end the arguments/debates on error codes as it really does not help you in the long run.

Martbar

Reaction score
Members Ride
well its a bit messed up your thread got hijacked but if you can find a holden dealer then get holden to diagnose it.

i mentioned before to get a free load check done on the battery because they do drop cells and cause voltage fluctuations which cause havoc with modules that require stable voltages, this is a known problem with modern vehicles.
the fact the battery needed regular charging can be indicative of a faulty cell or something in the charging system.
this is why i said do the battery first.

i think its best just to end the arguments/debates on error codes as it really does not help you in the long run.
Cheers and as soon as they sort it
I'll post the results. Thanks again.

uglyoldfatbastard

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SV6, 2010 International, 1996 VS Exec
exactly my point when i said you do not understand the system ;)

you are just being childish now.
nobody wants you gone and its not a d!ck waving contest, maybe for you it is but it is not that.

it is the simple fact that you know you expressed yourself wrong and are not able to accept the fact that a b code does not mean faulty bcm.

you do not seem to understand that the bcm will issue codes for modules attached to it including the ecu, if the bcm has a mismatch with the ecu it will issue a b code from the bcm because the bcm detected an issue with the ecu.

this is what nev pointed out to you, the bcm issued the code but the problem was the ecu/ecm but you got stuck on stupid over what modules produce what types of codes without considering the fact that some modules produce codes because they are reacting to issues in other modules within the system.

i have said it a number of times now, just because the bcm issued the "b" code it does not mean the bcm is the faulty module, means the bcm has detected it.
a b code can also be issued for a problem with the bcm which is why you need to perform the diagnostic process as outlined by gm.

look at the code at face value...

B101E 46 "Electronic Control Unit" Software Configuration Not Programmed

that does not say "body control module" so what are you going to program?
the bcm or ecu?
or are you going to perform diagnostics on both to work it out before attempting to reprogram anything ?
GM call everything a electronic control unit and obviously diagnostics first!
Would not matter if I did program both you pay f$60.50 for SPS2 programming a one of cost for 2 years so might as well update as many modules as you can. You should know that hey?

Last edited by a moderator: