Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

battery life

blackvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS, VE SS ute, VZ SS crewman, VYSS, VX SS, VTSS
Jan 16 build ss 19500kms orginal battery starting to show its sluggish, car rarely driven. April 17 ford ranger 180000k just had to do battery.

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
Jan 16 build ss 19500kms orginal battery starting to show its sluggish, car rarely driven. April 17 ford ranger 180000k just had to do battery.
Do you use a charger between drives?

VF2R

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SV6 Ute/ 2016 VF2 SS-V Redline
'14 VF SV6 Ute. Factory battery went mint until about 3 months ago then died over a period of 2 weeks odd. I reckon that's a great run. The '16 had its battery replaced at the same ..not that it was buggered it was just getting old.

OctaneInjector

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Clubsport LSA
My original battery in my 2017 30th R8 LSA started going out 12 months ago, that leaking battery issue i assume.
Upgraded to the next cca amps model up, works fine, starts strong, no issues after 6 months in car.
New battery is:
DIN65LHX MF Century Ultra High Performance

lmfvf2ssredlineute

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf2 ssv redline lmf ute
you know what an alternator is right?
so that you dont under stand that the batterys in vf commodores are under a lot of load running all the electronics, the constant draining and recharging un- like older cars just running the ignition and lighting systems
what a dumb comment WHATs AN ALTERNATOR
do you know the difference between a car alternator and car generator lol

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
so that you dont under stand that the batterys in vf commodores are under a lot of load running all the electronics, the constant draining and recharging un- like older cars just running the ignition and lighting systems
what a dumb comment WHATs AN ALTERNATOR
do you know the difference between a car alternator and car generator lol
no son it is you that does not understand how the electrical system in a modern vehicle works, you sit around an beard stroke up assumptions on how the system works but you have NFI what you are talking about.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
The alternator takes the brunt of the electrical load and keeps the battery nominal. If your electrical system is first class and alternator sized appropriately your battery never drains and lives in the 12.6v range until it can't anymore or you leave accessories running with the engine off

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
I purchased two cars in 2017 like yourself. The one I drive every day is fine still but in 2020 I replaced the battery in my Director. A mate also has an SS built within a week of my Director and his battery died too.
The battery in my SSVR Ute built a month before factory closure (Sep 17) expired in 2020, had 3000km's on it and sits around a lot. My SV6 Ute (daily driver) built Jan 16 battery expired late 2021. The V6 battery is a smaller capacity than the V8 Delco and I replaced both with V8 high-capacity Century batteries. I now trickle charge the SSVR Ute battery for a couple of days every month.