Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Best Exhaust Setup for a WN Caprice with OEM Parts?

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Do you get under the car often to check out the joints in the exhaust?
Some time I do because I'm slightly deaf so what I do is cut a strip of 15mm X 250MM A4 paper, start the car and use that to find any Leaks. Wheeler Dealers use this method on TV and if it good for ED its good for me

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Some time I do because I'm slightly deaf so what I do is cut a strip of 15mm X 250MM A4 paper, start the car and use that to find any Leaks. Wheeler Dealers use this method on TV and if it good for ED its good for me

Just as well you're not going blind as well :D

Seriously, it is a good idea.....Another thing I look for is brown or black spots around joins....This is another sign there is a slight leak, especially when the hearing ain't so good...(oh and I do have hearing aids, so I know the difficulties associated with listening for small noises..)

vxbris

Reaction score
Got my Bi Modal controller this week. Tested my mufflers today and guess what, one of the motors isn’t working. Great! Swapped them over and still no good. Eventually worked out that the one not working is full of water. Drilled a tiny hole in the motor case and it flowed out. Still, it’s a lost cause so I’ve ordered a replacement motor from planetparts.
— Having a little drama with my fuse tap as well. The one I received with my controller box is designed in a way that I can’t plug it into the camera IGN fuse location. Can’t bend the cable enough to fit in. Not sure what fuse location to use as yet. Surprised to find a lot of these fuses have constant power to them.

Attachments

• 8F56836B-E92C-4BBD-955F-C0502590E1A3.jpeg
    8F56836B-E92C-4BBD-955F-C0502590E1A3.jpeg
    341.5 KB · Views: 116
  • E14FA945-012B-46F9-8877-29AEFFE5B055.jpeg
    E14FA945-012B-46F9-8877-29AEFFE5B055.jpeg
    401.5 KB · Views: 97

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
@stooge also had bimodals full of water so maybe they aren’t so well protected...

Considering where they live on the vehicle, they should have been better than IP68 rated (IP68K steam jet proof) :eek:

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Installed the mufflers anyways, and I’ll swap the motor over when it arrives. Holy **** the 6.2ltr sounds insane now! It’s a different car now.
Yes i used the Camera ign one ONLY. DO not use the power on all the time. Get the Correct fuse base to fit in. I got my one from ebay.

vxbris

Reaction score
Yes i used the Camera ign one ONLY. DO not use the power on all the time. Get the Correct fuse base to fit in. I got my one from ebay.
Yeah that’s the spot I want to use. But the “tail” on my fuse tap is stiff from the thick insulation on the wire entering the tap, so it won’t bend into the position I need. In my previous photo you can see how thick it is.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah that’s the spot I want to use. But the “tail” on my fuse tap is stiff from the thick insulation on the wire entering the tap, so it won’t bend into the position I need. In my previous photo you can see how thick it is.
I will take a Photo of mine and add it to this forum soon.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Its hard to see because to much BLACK. Yes it a tight fit but it there had to bend it and do it once otherwise if bend it the other way then back you will break it. Hope you got the same one otherwise you cant cant compare.

vxbris

Reaction score
Yeah mine looks similar. Had two extra layers of heat shrink on mine which I’ve cut off but still can’t fit it in that orientation. The hard plastic part where the wire enters the fuse tap is a touch long. Can’t bend the wire to make it fit. Might got to jaycar and try find another fuse tap and chop mine off and connect a new one. The one I’m using was supplied and connected when I purchased the Bi modal controller.
..Otherwise I’ll try find another fuse to use but I’m sure you guys had already tried that.

Attachments

• 194F650A-F97D-445B-BFEA-D120F22E7EE5.jpeg
    194F650A-F97D-445B-BFEA-D120F22E7EE5.jpeg
    193.2 KB · Views: 89