Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Best Exhaust Setup for a WN Caprice with OEM Parts?

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Yeah mine looks similar. Had two extra layers of heat shrink on mine which I’ve cut off but still can’t fit it in that orientation. The hard plastic part where the wire enters the fuse tap is a touch long. Can’t bend the wire to make it fit. Might got to jaycar and try find another fuse tap and chop mine off and connect a new one. The one I’m using was supplied and connected when I purchased the Bi modal controller.
..Otherwise I’ll try find another fuse to use but I’m sure you guys had already tried that.
I had the same but what I did I purchased a collection of different types the ones that had no plastic in the middle of the spades and pick the one that I can bend because out of the four 3 was different in there construction.

As you can see I have the Bi Modal Control module on top of the battery with velpro and have another peice of velpro holding the cable down

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah mine looks similar. Had two extra layers of heat shrink on mine which I’ve cut off but still can’t fit it in that orientation. The hard plastic part where the wire enters the fuse tap is a touch long. Can’t bend the wire to make it fit. Might got to jaycar and try find another fuse tap and chop mine off and connect a new one. The one I’m using was supplied and connected when I purchased the Bi modal controller.
..Otherwise I’ll try find another fuse to use but I’m sure you guys had already tried that.
Your one looks solid where the red cable come out. One out of my 4 was not hard plastic so I was able to bend it. Another has solid but was about to cut that plastic out and bend it to the only direction that it can go.

vxbris

Reaction score
Your one looks solid where the red cable come out. One out of my 4 was not hard plastic so I was able to bend it. Another has solid but was about to cut that plastic out and bend it to the only direction that it can go.
Yeah I’ll buy a couple different ones and see if I can get that to work. Or I might even use a dremel to carefully cut back the hard plastic tail so I can bend the wire.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah I’ll buy a couple different ones and see if I can get that to work. Or I might even use a dremel to carefully cut back the hard plastic tail so I can bend the wire.
Come to think of it I might have cut the solid plastic bit off the end where the red wire comes out and thus doing this it allows the wire to bend the direction you want it to go

vxbris

Reaction score
Bi modals have been working great. But just noticed this today…when I turn my car off, only the drivers side valve opens up. This is the normal operation, turn off car and valve defaults back to an open position, And turn car on and valve shuts on start up. The passenger side one just stays it what ever position it’s in when I turn car off. Seems to operate as normal when car is running but now it won’t revert to opened position when car switched off? Maybe valve motor is on its last legs? I’d already replaced drivers side one due to it being full of water. Anyone experienced this? Thanks.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Bi modals have been working great. But just noticed this today…when I turn my car off, only the drivers side valve opens up. This is the normal operation, turn off car and valve defaults back to an open position, And turn car on and valve shuts on start up. The passenger side one just stays it what ever position it’s in when I turn car off. Seems to operate as normal when car is running but now it won’t revert to opened position when car switched off? Maybe valve motor is on its last legs? I’d already replaced drivers side one due to it being full of water. Anyone experienced this? Thanks.
How did it become full of water?

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Was like that when I bought them. Think they had been sitting in this yard for a while.
Better get new one whist they are available.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Seems to operate as normal when car is running but now it won’t revert to opened position when car switched off?

If Im reading it correctly. So both the Valves on the Bi modals run correctly "eg"on the drivers side and the passengers side and you can manually close them or open them if you need to when the car is running but when you turn the car off, you walk away and come back and shine a torch up the pipe you see the passengers side actuators/ Bi modal is not open. Am I correct on what you are saying.

vxbris

Reaction score
If Im reading it correctly. So both the Valves on the Bi modals run correctly "eg"on the drivers side and the passengers side and you can manually close them or open them if you need to when the car is running but when you turn the car off, you walk away and come back and shine a torch up the pipe you see the passengers side actuators/ Bi modal is not open. Am I correct on what you are saying.
Yep that’s right, Turn the car off and it’ll stay closed. It seems to stay in whatever position it was in before shutting car off.
Turn the car on and it doesn’t budge, where as the drivers side one will close immediately . Looking up the pipe it doesn’t seem to open and close smoothly when operated. (I took a video I’ll upload. Hard to see but have a look)
I’m going to switch the motors around to see if that solves issue and if I can replicate fault on the other side. That’ll prove a faulty motor. Will try that with the wiring too. Hope it’s not the actual valve inside that’s faulty.