Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Booked in for a tune - SV6 SIDI :)

SIDISV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6 UTE
I just fitted a CAI to my SV6 SIDI. I got hold of a VE air hammer kit and then modifiyed it to fit the SIDI.

The origional air box setup is very restrictive.

I can notice a difference with the CAI fitted. Initial throttle response is better and it sounds heaps better at WOT.

i was looking at the airhammers but didnt realise it didnt fit the SIDI
was it a lot of work modifying it?

shaune_m

Reaction score
Members Ride
GS300 2JZ TURBO/ S2 RX7
Good luck mate hope the exhaust frees up the extra kw.
Anyone have an idea when vcm suite will be able to tune the Sidi Motor?
Cheers

ads18x

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 SV6 Ute
i was looking at the airhammers but didnt realise it didnt fit the SIDI
was it a lot of work modifying it?

I went to bunnings and bought a plumbing pipe joiner, 100mm, about $9. Cut a 26mm hole, enough to snug fit maf sensor, in joiner. Paint matt black then screw sensor on. Use hose clamps provided in airhammer kit on your new maf housing and done, SIDI compatible.

SIDISV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6 UTE
I went to bunnings and bought a plumbing pipe joiner, 100mm, about $9. Cut a 26mm hole, enough to snug fit maf sensor, in joiner. Paint matt black then screw sensor on. Use hose clamps provided in airhammer kit on your new maf housing and done, SIDI compatible.

thnx for the help, bit of mucking around but ill give it a go

SAMHSVGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE HSV GTS
VE HSV GTS (AUTO)
First dyno 265 rwkw, 550nm torque at 6500rpm
Hi-Tech 2.5 inch cat back hi flow exhaust, and 100mm cold air intake and tune.
Secondary dyno 315 rwkw 600nm torque at 6500rpm.

Not Complaining for $1700

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
VE HSV GTS (AUTO)
First dyno 265 rwkw, 550nm torque at 6500rpm
Hi-Tech 2.5 inch cat back hi flow exhaust, and 100mm cold air intake and tune.
Secondary dyno 315 rwkw 600nm torque at 6500rpm.

Not Complaining for $1700

Those reading are a little happy but anyways. the ls3 are a good bit of gear but usually make around 240-250 stock. but every dynos different some just set their dynos so customers come back:p.

burnz

dah dut dut da dah
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS ute M6
it's not really unlocking the sidi to it's original power as powerchip claim it will make 226kw on their 98ron only tune. the camaro makes 224kw on 92ron fuel. for 98ron i'd be expecting a 235ish kw gain at the flywheel.

ah no not correct:
camaro makes 224kw 92aki (98ron)
sidi makes 226kw

SAMHSVGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE HSV GTS
Those reading are a little happy but anyways. the ls3 are a good bit of gear but usually make around 240-250 stock. but every dynos different some just set their dynos so customers come back:p.

i thought it wasnt right either but when i ran a mid 10 on the quarter i figured they must be reasonably spot on, i've seen two different gts's done at diferent places manual 275rwkw auto 255rwkw, with mine i think there had been another change to it before i had mine down,

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
Is great to see an SV6 mod pioneer. Will keep a close eye on how it progresses. Have seen two other Dyno sheets on the SIDI besides this one. VEV6SIDI.jpgDyno2.jpgAs you can see there are huge variations so who knows what to believe. Have changed my exhaust YouTube - jarpodski's Channel No reverb over 90km/h in 6th but reverb at 60km/h and 80km/h if driven in auto and lugged along. Must say I reckon I've got more torque down low with exhaust change. Also have a Growler Induction arriving next week. So will update if any gains.

Attachments

• Dyno sv6.jpg
    Dyno sv6.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 663

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
I received the following email today not sure how they got my contact details?! Anybody had anything to do with these guys? Thought I'd post for everyones info...sounds really expensive to me but the 147rwkw to 171 rwkw is interesting especially considering no tune. I am also surprised at the 30%ish difference between flywheel (210) and rear wheel (147)...does that sound about right?

"Hi. VCM have not finished developing the tuning soft ware for the sidi engines. So at this point These are the modifications that we are doing.

Ss inductions growler cold air intake & cat back twin 2.5 inch mild/steel exhaust. Stock power 147rwkw after upgrades done 171rwkw. Quote for cold air intake & cat back exhaust supplied, fitted, before & after dyno print outs $2200.00.

If you have any questions regarding upgrades to your vehicle please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Regards

Thomas Sheridan

AITKENVALE AUTO & DYNO"

0747 283 382

Last edited: