Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Booked in for a tune - SV6 SIDI :)

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
I received the following email today not sure how they got my contact details?! Anybody had anything to do with these guys? Thought I'd post for everyones info...sounds really expensive to me but the 147rwkw to 171 rwkw is interesting especially considering no tune. I am also surprised at the 30%ish difference between flywheel (210) and rear wheel (147)...does that sound about right?

that email isn't from VCM it's from AITKENVALE AUTO & DYNO he simply stating that vcm haven't developed the tune.

SV6SidiUTE

Vroom?
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 SV6 Sidi Ute
The exhaust setup i am assuming will get it to around that mark, but it isn't 147 to start off with. it's more around high 150's to 160. I am still to dyno mine with the exhaust work. Have to find some time, been busy with work. I'm taking it to the place that came with a dyno result of 160 on stock. 167 after powerchip (i'm assuming though it's still realisticaly around 160) and will tell you definately then how much gain a full exhaust setup will give you. My piping is 2.5 inch so you'll get the right idea, as that is what they are quoting you on.

Give me about a week or so.

ozi_musl

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS M6
i thought it wasnt right either but when i ran a mid 10 on the quarter i figured they must be reasonably spot on, i've seen two different gts's done at diferent places manual 275rwkw auto 255rwkw, with mine i think there had been another change to it before i had mine down,

mid 10 down the 1/4 with 315rwkw :D. very hard to belive!!!

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
i think you'll find he was joking mate. no gts will run mid 10's bolt ons only lol. Dave at CHE's twin turbo VE SS only runs 10.7 with 450rwkws.

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
Tune confusion

Anybody up to explaining the concept of tuning the modern car as I am bit ignorant. Correct me if I'm wrong but I've been told that the factory tune chip thingy is locked or coded so it cannot be directly altered? Does some sort of crack need to be done before changes can be made? Will any MAF tune resest to factory?

Cheers
Jarp

Privatedonut

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6 UTE 6 SPEED MAN
You will find that the biggest gain with sidi from a single componant or mod is with cai as the engine is very demanding with air intake and adding cai just makes it better you can get from 15 to 20 rwkw's out of it. Im having my Sidi3.6 sv6 ute 2010 model done with the ss growler intake, ceramic pace maker headers and a 2.5 inch quad system from xforce and im expecting 195 rwkw's out of it the mechanic seems certain ill get more with the tune he is going to do ill wait and see will post results up once its done just after xmas

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
You will find that the biggest gain with sidi from a single componant or mod is with cai as the engine is very demanding with air intake and adding cai just makes it better you can get from 15 to 20 rwkw's out of it. Im having my Sidi3.6 sv6 ute 2010 model done with the ss growler intake, ceramic pace maker headers and a 2.5 inch quad system from xforce and im expecting 195 rwkw's out of it the mechanic seems certain ill get more with the tune he is going to do ill wait and see will post results up once its done just after xmas

This is an old thread and there is more info around than this. You'll get better results from an OTR over the Growler VE V6 Sidi OTRCAI v Pod Style CAI test. Part 1 & 2 - YouTube A 2.5" exhaust might be a bit big for the SIDI and you may find it is a little droney with an xforce 2.5". The stock system on the SV6 is 2.25" already and is not a bad system. Perhaps you might consider some high flow cats with the extractors and some quality rear mufflers if you want a little more noise rather than outlaying for an entire system. Would be very interested in what software your tuner is going to use as not to many tune suites have access to the Bosch E69 ECU?

Privatedonut

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6 UTE 6 SPEED MAN
Im not sure hey will ask as for drone he assures me there wont be any drone at all with quad 2.5 inch

GoodTimes

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE Thunder Sandman, 6-speed Manual
226kw ?!?!

man i hope thats not at the wheels figure.....coz if thats the case danmmm...
i bought a v8 for nothing !!

Bought a v8 for nothing..... Why not get your own tune... You can't say why by a powerful stock v8 is a waste compared to a modified engine... You haven't done anything to yours yet...

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2