Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cabin Filter VE

Muke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 MY08
I assume you are talking pollen filter?
Anyway an incredibly overpriced piece of junk in my view. Do they charge something like $45???

I think my SS V came standard with it but it got discarded on a service and I never replaced it. I don't think it is standard on other models. Maybe the Calais.

I have never noticed any issue without it.

Ditto from me. Never came with it, never put one in. I often have the window down a bit anyway, and I smoke. Pointless for me. And I'm a cheapskate on things I don't need.

Pollen filter on the VE is one of the easiest on the market to replace. Undo 7 clips and then pull out the mesh and place in the new filter. Pretty simple compared to having to remove under dash bolts and a complete fusebox like on the Mazdas.

As for the thermostat, the motor isnt a Holden design, it's a gm motor. And was used in east/west designations. Moving it North/South makes the t-stat location awkward.

I stand corrected on the filter location. I always wondered why they didn't make it just the mesh bit come out though. But sounds brilliant compared to the Mazda. Think the Landcruiser is really bad too (or the old man was complaining on one car he owned that sounds similar to the Mazda now you mention it).

Thanks for the info of the thermostat, interesting. I'd never thought about it being fine on an transverse mount. Makes a bit of sense, because that's a damn awful spot for it on the VE. Official way is raise the engine off the mounts, though some have said they didn't need to. Do you know if there's a reason not to have redesigned the top inlet to house it (causes some issue perhaps, or just didn't think of it)?

kiwitrains

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Storm Sedan Auto
Found it and got it changed with cuts on arms! charcoal filter $8.50 from eBay. Thanks for the reply's