Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cabin Filter?

levymetal

TURN MY HEADPHONES UP
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV ENHANCED VP CALAIS
Hey everyone, I was just wondering if VPs have a cabin air filter? I did a search and someone said VEs were the first to have a filter, but in that case what's stopping the fan from blowing dirt in your face? The reason I ask is because, well at the moment I am getting dirt blown in my face :p. Not so much dirt, but whenever I turn the fan on I can feel particles irritating my eyes (they are very sensitive). I don't get this problem in other cars I ride in, so I'm just trying to figure out what's going on.

pow3rslave

DoNothing Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5.0L
i don't think they've got a filter, i've noticed leaves in the vents before, PITA, they make a buzz at full fan.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
hhah I used to work in a vineyard and drive on red gravel all day, YOU DO get dirt in your face, my VP had red rivers of dust flowing out of all the vents for a couple of years :p. I believe you can fit a filter to the vents, aftermarket style

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 T5, '77 BMW 320i e21, and a pair of Nike Air
just see whats the smallest one k&n or someone make and get that, or do it correctly and measure, its up to you.. lol

southy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Suzuki Swift GTI
hehe aftermarket it is then :). i'll take the vents off and see if i can stick some kind of filter just behind them

Cut up car wash sponge FTW. lol

227shanno

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss 5.7
VT commodores have a cabin filter under the passenger side big plastic wiper arm cover between bonnet and winsheild. its just a small wire mesh filter, mine was full of crap when i cleaned it.

Cool D

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore
I keep getting **** in my eyes. Mine is from the crap coming from my hood lining. I need to
re-glue it. I think it is the old glue or the backing board falling apart. You may have the same
problem.

Cool D

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore
When i say hood lining , i mean the roof lining !

levymetal

TURN MY HEADPHONES UP
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV ENHANCED VP CALAIS
thanks for the input guys :)

stage 1: investigation. LOOOOTS of **** behind the plastic cover. cleaned all that out. this is what it now looks like (sorry didn't get a before photo)
SonyDSC-W80271Medium.jpg

i am going to get some steel mesh to put over that hole, then i found some of this lying in my house to use as a filter
SonyDSC-W80272Medium.jpg

depending on when i get that steel mesh, should be done next weekend :)