Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Z31na

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF Commodore Evoke
Its been bugging me for months now. I have an ex police vf. On The trip computer is a "captured speed" screen. Except reseting it to zero 5 minutes after I bought the car no amount of button presses on the trip computer buttons does anything to change this screen.

Having this screen enabled also appears to disable the overspeed setting and make it so that everytime i start the car the trip computer reverts to the standard digial speedo.

Does anyone else have this screen active on their dash and either A: know how to remove it and bring back overspeed and stop the dash defaulting to digital speed or B: know how to operate this captured speed screen.

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
Send Tazzi a PM, he will be able to assist.

PeteSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SSV Redline
Its been bugging me for months now. I have an ex police vf. On The trip computer is a "captured speed" screen. Except reseting it to zero 5 minutes after I bought the car no amount of button presses on the trip computer buttons does anything to change this screen.

Having this screen enabled also appears to disable the overspeed setting and make it so that everytime i start the car the trip computer reverts to the standard digial speedo.

Does anyone else have this screen active on their dash and either A: know how to remove it and bring back overspeed and stop the dash defaulting to digital speed or B: know how to operate this captured speed screen.

I remember hitting a button on the stalk when i was doing a certain speed and it locked that speed into the 'captured speed" thingy. As for the trip computer not defaulting to the digital speedo every time you start it, that was doing my head in too. not sure how to fix it

woooo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Multiple
t aliquam praesent fringilla metus ligula donec mi, tempus adipiscing porta adipiscing conubia euismod curabitur non, neque at vitae gravida sem aptent.

Last edited:

john logan

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf ute efoke v6 my14
All that captured speed does is save the speed of the vehicle at any rate when a button is pushed. Used to assist in enforcing traffic speeds. You push it again and it disappears.
thank you for your help if any one has a late model police car have a dealer look at it the one I got had four recalls on it had a new steering rack re tension lower ball joints re clip elc loom over diff new fueil pipe so much for these car being well maintaned

woooo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Multiple
Tempus egestas eget inceptos habitasse ornare bibendum tellus pretium platea enim mattis nibh.

Last edited:

Z31na

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF Commodore Evoke
All that captured speed does is save the speed of the vehicle at any rate when a button is pushed. Used to assist in enforcing traffic speeds. You push it again and it disappears.
thank you for your help if any one has a late model police car have a dealer look at it the one I got had four recalls on it had a new steering rack re tension lower ball joints re clip elc loom over diff new fueil pipe so much for these car being well maintaned
Woooo would you know what buttton it is you press? ive tried pressing and holding everything and nothing gets it off "--".
Ive contacted two different holden dealers. Neither of themknew the screen exists. I too also found out at that point that there are 3-4 recalls on my car