Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

communication issues vx ss

BaccyChan

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 Vx SS auto
so issue started intermittently at first and would daah would light up with oil airbag and traction control light and coolant temp not working its constant now, fuel guage and speedo/tacho still work. no abs light and when disconnecting abs module lights stay same and abs light comes up.
unable to scan instrument with scan tool has no communication, going through dash got t08 t09 t11 t12 t13 and t14 hc wrote them down and get the same hc codes with abs plugged in or out, checked fuses theyre all good, and theough dash could actuate everything so its working
just unsure of where to go next for diag.
with these codes ik its a communication issue in can bus line somehwere and have got access to scan tools and a workshop and ol mate lent me his blue point diag box so i can see resistance and volt for can bus just can find any testing procedures and unsure of my next steps.
oh and has stalled a few times in reverse while on full lock unless keep the revs up and hasnt in a while but does miss every now and then
5.7L ls1
most forums on the v6 so also been harder to find info if anyone can help would be greatly appreciated thanks

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
that is an unusual one
what scan tool are you using
attached is communication wiring diagram
edit- what is battery voltage with engine running
is this stock inc tune
is this original cluster

Attachments

• 2d12p03ac.pdf
    203.6 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
that is an unusual one
what scan tool are you using
attached is communication wiring diagram
edit- what is battery voltage with engine running
is this stock inc tune
is this original cluster
Wondering if alternator is overcharging?

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
The attached may also help you if your scan tool can't display any diagnostics:

Attachments

• GEN III V8 PCM - DATA LINK CONNECTOR DIAGNOSIS.pdf
    526.2 KB · Views: 27

RiffRaffMama

Reaction score
Members Ride
Twin VX II Berlinas - "Vanessa" and "Geraldine"
$50 says it's your alternator. Swap it for a known good one and see if the problem goes away.

BaccyChan

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 Vx SS auto
yeah was thinkin abs bein fried but nothing changes except abs light coming on when i unplug module and already teated charging rate its fine nt over charging batt is in need of replacement thiugh but issues only started recently and have had stuffed batt for a while now can always start the car no issues and cant open the pdfs atm dont know why phones bein fucked need to wait till i get back on my pc to open them and using gscan 2 at first them tried using the autel and couldnt communicate with anything except engine with autel so went back to gscan with g scan can scan everything except instrement can scan abs module fine with no codes until i unplug it of course but yeah symptoms dont change with the module unplugged not sure if wiring or bcm or pcm cooked will retry charging test today to 100% confirm not alternator overcharging but pretty confident not that tested it wuickly the other day ol mate told us can use his bluepoint box which goes into obd port and cna test can bus line volatge and resistance thanks for the responses will get back to yous thanks

BaccyChan

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 Vx SS auto
t00

t01

t02

t03nu

t04nu

t05nu

t06nu

t07nu

t08hc no serial data abs

t09hc no serial data bcm

t10nu

t11hc no serial data pcm

t12hc no serial data sds

t13hc no instrument poll from bcm

t14hc no serial communication

t15

t16

t17

t18

t19

t20

t21nu

t22nu

t23nu

t24

t25

t26

t27nu

t28nu

t29nu

t30nu

t31nu
this what i got when going into that diag mode or whatever its called through the dash

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
try unplugging the dash and then see if aurel can talk to pim and bcm

RiffRaffMama

Reaction score
Members Ride
Twin VX II Berlinas - "Vanessa" and "Geraldine"
yeah was thinkin abs bein fried but nothing changes except abs light coming on when i unplug module and already teated charging rate its fine nt over charging batt is in need of replacement thiugh but issues only started recently and have had stuffed batt for a while now can always start the car no issues and cant open the pdfs atm dont know why phones bein fucked need to wait till i get back on my pc to open them and using gscan 2 at first them tried using the autel and couldnt communicate with anything except engine with autel so went back to gscan with g scan can scan everything except instrement can scan abs module fine with no codes until i unplug it of course but yeah symptoms dont change with the module unplugged not sure if wiring or bcm or pcm cooked will retry charging test today to 100% confirm not alternator overcharging but pretty confident not that tested it wuickly the other day ol mate told us can use his bluepoint box which goes into obd port and cna test can bus line volatge and resistance thanks for the responses will get back to yous thanks
Here, I think you dropped these: . , , ' , . . ' , ' .. , . , ' . , . .' , . , . . , ' Y r g u o q d a

Reactions: Lex