Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Crash on Magill rd (adelaide heads)

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
drink drivers are another 1, we allow people to drive after drinking, but how many people are caught over the limit, dont hear of the government cracking down and stopping all cars leaving hotel car parks, but always hear of crackdowns on cruise meeting points, as soon as you are blocked in the car park you are all labelled hoons etc and defects given out, but to enforce that sort of behaviour at a hotel would be accusing everyone of being a drunk driver.

imagine if the cops did that? your guilty until proven innocent, your in a pub car park therefore your a drunk driver. im on a cruise thefore im a hoon and deserve a defect.

H1GHROLLR

CHEMICALLY SUPERCHARGED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX CLUBSPORT R8 LS1
lol very true i wonder if they were racing for pink slips who ever won has to get a box to take the car home well what they can find of it

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
i disagree with that i dont think they have any idea whats goin on, we had a minister go on public radio and say since AIR has been closed the road toll has gone down, funny that as im always hearing its on the rise.

the reason for the rise?..... street racing will get the blame most of the time, with easter around the corner if the road toll goes up again id like to see how we reduce the toll then, ban easter?

Road tolls go up over Easter because more people are driving, often on highways when they might not have much/frequent highway experience. I've never heard it claimed that the ratio of accidents to drivers on the road over Easter was significantly higher than any other time of year?

we have had different people offering to build and maintain a track but the government will not approve it.

I heard someone mention that the government refused to fund it, not that they refused to approve it. Big difference there.

im not saying a track will stop street racing totally, but surely it will take some of the racers off the street, cyclists have all these bike lanes built for them but a few months ago i remember hearing a cyclist was killed coz he rode on the road not the bike lane, so maybe we shouldnt have bike lanes or skate parks either?

Is that seriously a real comparison you're making? Firstly, you're saying a rider got run over outside the bike lane? Isn't that MORE reason to have them?

Secondly, how will it take racers off the street? If two street-racing inclined individuals pull up next to each other at some random place, they're not going to drop everything and head off to the track are they? They'll race where they are.

The ONLY possible type of racer it might stop are the ones who pre-organise street races, which honestly isn't something I think we have a problem with in this country.

drink drivers are another 1, we allow people to drive after drinking, but how many people are caught over the limit, dont hear of the government cracking down and stopping all cars leaving hotel car parks, but always hear of crackdowns on cruise meeting points, as soon as you are blocked in the car park you are all labelled hoons etc and defects given out, but to enforce that sort of behaviour at a hotel would be accusing everyone of being a drunk driver.

WTF are you on?! Police have been all over drink drivers for years! Huge awareness campaigns, RBTs all over the place, every cop has a breathalyser in the car, zero tolerance for P-platers. How can you possibly say we're soft on drink drivers?

As for crackdowns, ever been to a big stadium event? 9 times out of 10 there will be RBTs right outside the venue to catch people who've had a few to many in the stands.

VC_HDT

Reaction score
trying to stitch the wife to get a better car
Members Ride
VC HDT, VN Berlina & WIFES VR Stato
You can't be serious? Not cracking down? Last saturday evening there was a huge crackdown on drink driving, breath testing stations everywhere. Police have really hardened up on that in the last few years.

yes i am serious, how many cars drive past a rbt? how many people can get away with drink driving, but you mention hoon driving and theres talk of banning this or that type of car, crushing cars etc, compared to a rbt blitz once a month, why arent these crackdowns every week? they seem to have a few cars available to crackdown on cruise meeting spots every week, how about police cars patrolling hotel car parks?

if they can want a zero road toll, zero hoon driving, why cant there be a zero drink driving?
i know they cant accomplish it but the excuse of we have no track coz it wont make a difference for the cost is pretty poor compared to how much money is thrown at all the drink driving programs, but there still are drink drivers

VC_HDT

Reaction score
Members Ride
i dont think my point has been understood here,

cyclist dont always use bike lanes but they continue to build them
drink drivers are always gonna be there but they continue to allow you to drink after driving, even after campaign after campaign and no matter how many rbts there are.
street racing is gonna happen, i dont deny that, but unlike the other states we dont have a track to race at, but then wonder why street racing is happening.

they seem to have money to continually fund these other projects but some people still wont use the bike lanes or drink drive but where is any help to get a track?

VC_HDT

Reaction score
Members Ride
I heard someone mention that the government refused to fund it, not that they refused to approve it. Big difference there.

we have had private investors just waiting to fund a track, i heard the funding isnt the problem, its getting approval to build it.

Is that seriously a real comparison you're making? Firstly, you're saying a rider got run over outside the bike lane? Isn't that MORE reason to have them?.

im only going from memory i believe the bike lane was there but not being used.

Secondly, how will it take racers off the street? If two street-racing inclined individuals pull up next to each other at some random place, they're not going to drop everything and head off to the track are they? They'll race where they are.

The ONLY possible type of racer it might stop are the ones who pre-organise street races, which honestly isn't something I think we have a problem with in this country.

it wont stop them all but if street-racing inclined people know they can go somewhere and do it legally without risk of losing their car, then yes i believe it will reduce it. The other week we had a burnout comp for the first time in ages held at speedway city, it was held the same night a rck cruise (known for its burnouts etc) is usually held on.
I was told the number of cars were down at the cruise and a lot of the cars usually on this cruise were at the burnout comp.

As for crackdowns, ever been to a big stadium event? 9 times out of 10 there will be RBTs right outside the venue to catch people who've had a few to many in the stands.

yeah ive seen them and i still see people gettin caught, so obviously somethings not working, but they continue to throw bucketloads of tax payers money at that

VC_HDT

Reaction score
Members Ride
imagine if the cops did that? your guilty until proven innocent, your in a pub car park therefore your a drunk driver. im on a cruise thefore im a hoon and deserve a defect.

exactly what i was trying to say, a mate was defected for suspicion of too low, but wasnt measured, what about if police only had to suspicious your were drunk.

Last edited:

statesmanWH

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman