Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cuts out mid drive!!

lwessel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Statesman sII 5ltr 1995 & VE SS V8 Commodore
Cant post pics keeps on doubling my reply weird. The 60a fuse looks different than one at supercheap/repco
Ive replaced the ign module $285 later

Blackwolf101

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator 215
Sorry, can't help you with pics, not sure what you're doing wrong LOL

When you say it 'beeps' you mean the horn?

Re fuse, did the fuse holder bracket/connectors fall apart when you tried pushing the fuse in?

If things are loose (fuse) it creates lots of heat, even glows red hot with fuses that size, and ruins any plastics. But that may well be your problem.

Blackwolf101

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator 215
The fuse is not the issue here, technically speaking it is still good.. buying a new one from repco won't fix your problem.

lwessel

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sorry, can't help you with pics, not sure what you're doing wrong LOL

When you say it 'beeps' you mean the horn?

Re fuse, did the fuse holder bracket/connectors fall apart when you tried pushing the fuse in?

If things are loose (fuse) it creates lots of heat, even glows red hot with fuses that size, and ruins any plastics. But that may well be your problem.
Yeah says file to big haha, umm horn sound but real muffled and soft sounding.
When i took 60a out the connectors were stuck in there even after undoing little bolt!! Plastics look ok but hole fuse area including fuses are loosish.
So appriciate your help

lwessel

Reaction score
Members Ride
The fuse is not the issue here, technically speaking it is still good.. buying a new one from repco won't fix your problem.
Yeah i just got back from about 6 differnt parts shops no one has this part! I dont think its good as wire inside is broken>> |~|

Attachments

• IMG_5189.JPG
    IMG_5189.JPG
    136 KB · Views: 126

Blackwolf101

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator 215
LOL did you actually break the fuse when taking it out? Take more pics (including the fuse) but if too big pics then maybe open it in paint, and then re-save it, should reduce the size a bit.

Also, that fuse holder on pic seems ok. Can you check on bottom of it and see if any wires are burned? As in the insulation on wires..

There is also a diffence between a fuse that is physically loose-ish and electrically loose-ish.. just because they move around a bit when you touch them does not mean you got a fault there. I have seen those same fuse holders completely melted and burned after having an electrically loose fuse, which i don't see in your case, i also don't see any major discoloration (blackening) of the pins inside the fuse holder, which is making me think you may well be talking about a physically loose fuse, not electrically loose. Confused? The difference is that when you touch the fuse and it moves around a bit, it is moving together with the pins, or the casing of the fuse is moving around but wire inside is not (both are fine) but if its loose in a sense of it moving when you touch it, but pins are not moving with it, that is not so good... but if that was the case then with big fuses like that you would likely see evidence on and around the pins of burning or smoking etc, but i don't see that on the pic. Those pins can glow red hot when they're (electrically) loose.

I think you'll be a sparky before you fix your car LOL

Last edited:

BowTie

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr vt
Yeh, i've squished every female spade in my car to keep all fuses and relays tight.

Quite a few melted spots around from old things being loose.

wildfiremaint

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS , 2007 Subaru LIBERTY Wagon
150F5D06-8867-4616-B59E-E3EC8FED84A4.jpeg 9D2D90BF-6628-4224-9BC7-DB364802A96B.jpeg

Hi, The 60A Main fusible link
is held in by bolts front and
back under the small plastic
flaps. You cant/shouldn't remove it without removing both bolts. The others can be pulled out without undoing
anything. If the 60A was loose
then that is a problem.
Go to a wrecker and get the whole fusible link block.

lwessel

Reaction score
Members Ride
LOL did you actually break the fuse when taking it out? Take more pics (including the fuse) but if too big pics then maybe open it in paint, and then re-save it, should reduce the size a bit.

Also, that fuse holder on pic seems ok. Can you check on bottom of it and see if any wires are burned? As in the insulation on wires..

There is also a diffence between a fuse that is physically loose-ish and electrically loose-ish.. just because they move around a bit when you touch them does not mean you got a fault there. I have seen those same fuse holders completely melted and burned after having an electrically loose fuse, which i don't see in your case, i also don't see any major discoloration (blackening) of the pins inside the fuse holder, which is making me think you may well be talking about a physically loose fuse, not electrically loose. Confused? The difference is that when you touch the fuse and it moves around a bit, it is moving together with the pins, or the casing of the fuse is moving around but wire inside is not (both are fine) but if its loose in a sense of it moving when you touch it, but pins are not moving with it, that is not so good... but if that was the case then with big fuses like that you would likely see evidence on and around the pins of burning or smoking etc, but i don't see that on the pic. Those pins can glow red hot when they're (electrically) loose.

I think you'll be a sparky before you fix your car LOL
Hi, apprentice sparky here lololol. Yep i did break it i only undid front screw didnt realise there was a back one too When i removed bolted pins there was some whitish powder on the back pin ordered new one gonna be a busy w/e also gonna have a crack at the alarm and radio

Attachments

• IMG_5204.PNG
    IMG_5204.PNG
    240.4 KB · Views: 94

lwessel

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeh, i've squished every female spade in my car to keep all fuses and relays tight.

Quite a few melted spots around from old things being loose.
I might do that too good idea Any idea what this is for connection travels through front left & right wheel arch pins are like female and to a male connection?
View attachment 202609 View attachment 202608

Hi, The 60A Main fusible link
is held in by bolts front and
back under the small plastic
flaps. You cant/shouldn't remove it without removing both bolts. The others can be pulled out without undoing
anything. If the 60A was loose
then that is a problem.
Go to a wrecker and get the whole fusible link block.
yeah i was told about bolt but didnt realise 1 in the back too lol. I have a wrecker not far from here also the cover on the larger box clip is snapped might give him a call, cheers for your reply Any idea what this is for has male and female connectors?

Attachments

• IMG_5216.JPG
    IMG_5216.JPG
    104.3 KB · Views: 102