Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Decicrates VS L67 T56 'S' Pack

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
This car has got to be the biggest/slowest piece of crap that I have ever seen, clearly it's slow due to being a V6 :p
Love this thing, by the way.

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67
This car has got to be the biggest/slowest piece of crap that I have ever seen, clearly it's slow due to being a V6 :p
Love this thing, by the way.

Yeah it never beats anything, it is always dropping engines on the race track as that's what V6's do apparently..... I do love all the arm chair experts......... ;)

I do like flicking through REAL FACTS every now and then, just to show some accurate figures instead of just the unfounded dribble that seems to spewed on this forum.

This is one of my favorites, out of the whole field, there is about 17 LS engined cars, only one of them went faster and the winner of the day was a Rotary, no pistons at all!!... Go figure.......

Seeing the LS platform is the be all and end all of engines, there will be some obvious excuse as why this happened and why this has happened many other times as well.
Good thing is, timed statistics, do not lie..........

lakesidetimes.JPG
attachment.php

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Love it.
But that's clearly been Photoshopped, there's no way a V6 could ever beat a V8!

I also like the fact that some Excel's beat some HSV's on that slip.

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67
View attachment TRACK DAY.pdf
Love it.
But that's clearly been Photoshopped, there's no way a V6 could ever beat a V8!

I also like the fact that some Excel's beat some HSV's on that slip.

Yeah its quite funny, so many bang on about "need this engine" "need a million killaneddies" "if you don't have 8, then close the gate" But once you actually get out to mixed track days you get to see so many cool setups that don't have the mighty LS, and yet are poking along and doing great track times.

Good thing is with track times they are held at Natsoft, so they can be verified if the need arises.

This is another one that was quite fun................. Only 8 seconds quicker than the LS boys....

View attachment TRACK DAY.pdf

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Your making me want to hit up a track now haha.

When I get my car built with this engine, I 'll be looking for the nearest track day.
Although, I still want to get a Velo Podium II seat, possible 4point roll cage (still undecided on what to get, whilst keeping it legal) thinking something from these guys: Commodore Gen 3 1997 - 2006 Archives - AGI ROLL CAGES
I also need to get the matching rear AP Racing kit for my car, there's another $2300, but I cannot wait to see how well she pulls up!

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
View attachment 178756

Yeah its quite funny, so many bang on about "need this engine" "need a million killaneddies" "if you don't have 8, then close the gate" But once you actually get out to mixed track days you get to see so many cool setups that don't have the mighty LS, and yet are poking along and doing great track times.

Good thing is with track times they are held at Natsoft, so they can be verified if the need arises.

This is another one that was quite fun................. Only 8 seconds quicker than the LS boys....

View attachment 178756

I always look at the V6 as having a lighter front end, which will help for out braking and cornering the V8 models when both are in standard form

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67
Your making me want to hit up a track now haha.

When I get my car built with this engine, I 'll be looking for the nearest track day.
Although, I still want to get a Velo Podium II seat, possible 4point roll cage (still undecided on what to get, whilst keeping it legal) thinking something from these guys: Commodore Gen 3 1997 - 2006 Archives - AGI ROLL CAGES
I also need to get the matching rear AP Racing kit for my car, there's another $2300, but I cannot wait to see how well she pulls up!

Getting in to track days is not a cheap exercise.
One of the best things to do is go to a couple of "street" style track days so there is no need for a cage and harness, have a drive and make sure that it is some thing you really want to do before committing handfuls of cash to your project.

And to be perfectly honest, if I was to do it again, I would not of used my road car as a start platform, I would go out and buy something from the auctions and start with that.
For what you will save in rego and insurance over a two year period would buy you a pretty decent tilt trailer.

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67
I always look at the V6 as having a lighter front end, which will help for out braking and cornering the V8 models when both are in standard form

Yep, the majority of the weight sits behind the front axle :)

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Getting in to track days is not a cheap exercise.
One of the best things to do is go to a couple of "street" style track days so there is no need for a cage and harness, have a drive and make sure that it is some thing you really want to do before committing handfuls of cash to your project.

And to be perfectly honest, if I was to do it again, I would not of used my road car as a start platform, I would go out and buy something from the auctions and start with that.
For what you will save in rego and insurance over a two year period would buy you a pretty decent tilt trailer.

Yeah sorry, was meant to be referring to a closed group track day, not full racing.
I feel like the cage and harness are a good safety thing, I personally think all cars should have something like this installed standard (just my view). Plus it looks badass and the ROPS stiffens the chassis.
The commodore hasn't been on the road for over a year now, has no rego & will only be driven on weekends or in the afternoon after work. Your right about the money saved for the trailer though, but I don't have space for one yet.