Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Decicrates VS L67 T56 'S' Pack

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67
There fair, fairly quick ;)

LowVp

VP Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Ute 3.8T T56
When you went to the 10.5 inch flywheel did you have to alter the starter motor at all?

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67
Nope I just used a manual starter motor as it does not have the shroud on the front of it. The starter with the shroud will hit on the 10.5 flywheel as it wider than the ring gear.

LowVp

VP Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Ute 3.8T T56
Mine is a factory manual, I wonder what more would have to be done to fit a LS flywheel

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67
So was mine, but for some reason it had a shrouded starter. Just check which one you have.
My flywheel bolted straight in, whacked the clutch and pressure plate on it, measured the crush between the throw out bearing , then bolted the box up and all was good!

I got mine through NPC Performance Clutches: Home told them what I was running and they made the lot to bolt straight in.

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67
Well went to the dyno to do a bit of a touch up on the tune.
Unfortunately all did not go to plan.
My 2ltr surge with a Bosch 044 and dash 8 fuel line is just not coping with the alcoholic needs of my engine anymore.
So have ordered some new bits to see if that will fix the issue.

Walbro 400LTR E85 in tank pump
Wlabro.jpg
attachment.php

New 2ltr surge with twin Bosch 044 pumps
surge tank 3-500x500.jpg
attachment.php

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67
Well got all the fuel system set up today, just have to wait for the auto sparky to come around tomorrow and run some new power feeds to the tank and to the twin pumps up the back. If all goes well I hope to get on the rollers tomorrow or Saturday for some tune touch up.
photo.jpg
attachment.php

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon
Whats happening to the old fuel system? what did it include? looks great.

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67
Looking good mate. Im looking at doing the same brake upgrade as yours. How do they perform on the track? Do you use the remsa pads when doing track work?

cheers

They love the track work!!. I have done over a hundred laps of Lakeside, multiple hill climbs and probably 50+ laps of Norwell and the rotors look like new still. I am currently running the REMSA pads from GSL and have found them to be very good under pressure.
The last time I was at Norwell I was pushing the car pretty hard and it was the first time I could smell the brakes in the car. Even though they were getting a smelly (very hot) they still gave the same performance.
The REMSA pads do wear pretty quick when doing track work, but I suppose this is to be expected.
The only issue that I have had with them is that after a session on the track, once they cool the first brake application is a little vague. But after that first application they come back to being spot on.
For the price that GSL sells them for, I don't think that you can go past them for a entry to medium level pad.