Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Delcowizzid'a vn gts-t

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
vlcsnap-2011-09-18-00h20m03s125.png

jonko

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn 5 ltr
lol i love this thread so much hahaha that ute looks crazy!!

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
just got the cam card for the altereds turbo cam regrind 231 degrees @0.050" oh yeah cant wait to get it in the hole now should be nice and grumpy

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
just to keep hozy happy picks of gts getting its new brakes and the new link pins and bushes thanks westerlybreeze oh and that blue bush failed a WOF so i need to find 1 red nolathane LOL
IMGP5609.jpg

IMGP5606.jpg

IMGP5601.jpg

more work on the starlet today fitted up a modified sump thats all ready to go bar the buldge on the base to hold oil.scored a proper TCI trans blanket this week (thanks GUY) it fits great saves making a scattersheild
IMGP5727.jpg

and started looking at building the tunnel
IMGP5725.jpg

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
update time delco has a new daily/tune test mule AGAIN LOL
after saying ide never own anything after vp ive broke my own rules LOL
here she is 1 owner 2002 VXII acclaim wagon the most expensive car ive ever bought.i fell in love the day i fitted it with new tyres and it happened to be for sale so i called in a few favours and i might be eating noodles for a few weeks but its mine
IMGP5845.jpg

IMGP5846.jpg

first mods will be 19" mags that happen to be sitting at work :D and some tints plus out with the cat and the ribbed crush bent exhaust componants

Matt_vp

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy lumina v6 A4
Nice mate. Should be bit more comfortable to cruise around in.

chrrr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Brolina 3.8 Turbo
I'll chuck this in here since most of the frequent viewers of this thread are well aware of the mighty VB!

Went to powercruise with my brother this weekend in Taupo, had a blast!

Since last year we blew up his gearbox the day before powercruise 2010 we bought a spare along. After around 30 minutes or so driving on the track we killed the gearbox, took it back to where the ute was parked with spare box and performed a super quick gearbox change, we were lucky enough that a guy who was a pit member for one of the rotaries came over and offered us a a hand, after a few hours the car was jacked back down on the ground and driven straight into the off-street racing lineup, lost the race due to spinning up the whole track (that's what happens when no Tyre warm-ups are aloud)

Then car was taken straight into skid pad, killed the 3rd-4th selector fork straight away! he tried to hook 5th but it didn't work going from 2nd (obviously) so it resulted in a below par burnout, afterwards car was put back on trailer and we spectated the rest of the event, it gets better every year! (btw that's 5 gearboxes this v6 has killed now)

Drags are on in a few days and I think delco is over right now merging 2 dead boxes into 1 working one for sunday!

Last edited by a moderator:

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
that must be the most solid v6 in all of NZ so much limiter and the conrods stayed inside LOL. box is out and fully stripped dead shift fork as expected.parts box is stripped should be all back together tomorrow night with new synchros and shift forks ready for the drags on sunday and the next burnout comp in a couple of weeks and what a comp it will be i just sold him my GTS so he can fit my engine and his turbo 350 trans ready for drag season so it doesnt matter if he pops it doing skids time to see just how fast this little green beast can go down the 1/4 :p

Matt_vp

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy lumina v6 A4
That burnout is prime. The sound of that v6 screaming is nuts.