Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Devil yellow vt ls1

Coast_Calais

sick of the idiots here
Reaction score
Members Ride
varies
love the colour, love the rims. hate the fuel cap! is your rear spoiler a different shade?:hmmm:

good luck with the motor transplant. Enjoy your PROJECT!!!

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
Here il make it easy straight from the dictionary:

project

noun
Pronunciation:/ˈprɒdʒɛkt/
1 an individual or collaborative enterprise that is carefully planned to achieve a particular aim:
a research project
a project to build a new power station
a piece of research work undertaken by a school or college student:
a history project
A PROPOSED OR PLANNED UNDERTAKING

Bro not being a smart arse but proving a point im just a kid looking for some advise in building my car aye, it fits what a project is , as stated in capitals am i wrong? So theres ur answer of why it is on her.

LOL owned!

Have you got the motor yet?

vt madness

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT EXEC S2
Haha thanks and Dw as said before the fuel cap will be burned and i will post a video of it so it may never return!! Yeah it is slightly off the body colour, as when i got it sprayed b4, i didnt have the money to do the whole car, as it was yellow when i got it but had been in a front ender and somebody had keyed the spoiler, but the front end came out good, but i think cause just the spoiler was done and is put straight on the bood and rear with the old paint it contrasts with the fade (this is only my rough guess) alsoit was a bitch to get the colour cause its a few shades off devil yellow and when i got it i had no sample or paint code !! but last thing will also be the respray of the rest of the car and itl be all good hopefully and a new rear bar.

vt madness

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT EXEC S2
Nope, im still trying to source one, trying to look for a good deal as theres many out there and city to city they can have a descent price dif but in no rush so hopefully by end of Jan il have it, until then il keep trawling Ebay/wreckers and gumtree haha

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
You could have.

You don't have to strip the car right back to a bare shell for it to be a project.
What he's doing is fairly extensive. If you wanna argue that go pull the dash out of a VT. It'll send you grey!

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Get off the grass, Ari. I reckon turning the VT into something personal is a project. It doesn't have to be a rebuild like yours to qualify.

vt madness

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT EXEC S2
I think its time for an update, well it has been about 3 months and thus far i have wrecked my doner vx ss and sold off what i didn't need. (also there is parts still availible. doors, rolling shell, roof, etc just ask). In my hunt to find the ls1 i wanted i came across a VZ ss, but unfortunatly it was an auto and i didnt want to have a fly by wire or have to change the engine around also it was an auto. But it was a good car and only had 95 000 on it (ex chaser) so i asked the bloke how much he wanted the interior for and he said $500, so i ended up bargaining him for the complete interior, including roof, plastics and seats (which were perfect, especially the back, which has probably never been used) After getting the interior i had to modify my VT pre tensioners and the electric harness to suit my vt which was surprisingly easy (I will eventually start so other threads regarding small jobs that i did flying blind as there was no photo guides on here) After that i did the semi painfull mod of getting the sunglasses and rear courtesy lights to work in a much simpler VT, although it was a pain, i learned how to solder quiet well in the process. So now the interior looks shmick, with the combo of the VZ seats and roof and side plastics and vx black dash plastics. Now to the fun part. I purchased an LS1 6 speed with 110 000 on it with a really good service history that was still running in the car and took the car for a spin (vx ss) was supurbe, the bloke owned it from new and only wanted to get rid of the motor cause he loved the car so much he wouldn't sell it so he got a VE HSV E2 Maloo for cheap as chips that had water damage and is doing the conversion for that. He was a top bloke and has given me everything like EVERYTHING, and it is all relatively together so apart from getting the bugger in it will be plug and play so to speak. All i had to use in the end was my VX ss K frame and Diff and the rest is there!!! So i have aimed for 3 weeks to do that and i should hopefully have a lil pocket rocket to match all the work i have done on the rest of the car.

vt madness

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT EXEC S2
ALSO FINGERS CROSSED TOTAL BUILD COST TO DATE: $5100
Doner VX ss: $1100
LS1 and 6 speed (ALL ACCESSORIES) $4000.
Plus made $500 back in sale of parts (CONTACT ME IF YOU NEED SOMETHING)