Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Disgusting

speeding ad with baby!

• Remove it from TV?

Votes: 39 29.8%
  • Display it at a later time (after 9pm)?

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • Leave it on?

Votes: 59 45.0%
  • Other?

Votes: 7 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

spacattack

THE ENFORCER!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Custom VN
ok you may be aware of the speeding add that is beeing shown on tv at the moment that shows a car loosing control and hitting a women and her child, we need as much ppl to vote so i can send it to qld goverment so they can do something about it!

T

TrickTheFlame

It's a very disturbing ad and sickening, they shouldn't be allowed to put it on tv...like fair enough the speeding ad's to put a message across not to speed but using a baby in this ad they way they did is just wrong.

R

rattattack1313

I find it horrific, but it definitely gets the point across...every K over, is a Killer......and it wasn't a youngster behind the wheel , either......it can happen to anyone.......so sorry , spac.... I have to sorta disagree with you....things in movies people watch are pretty disgusting /horrific too...and people pay good $$$$ to see them!!! so..where do we draw the line????

R

Ratty

Yeah I agree with Rattattack1313 ... sorry but the more powerful the ad the more powerful the msg the better you get through to soem ppl... we had an add here in Perth, Had a catchy tune about a kid riding his new speed racer and your watching this little tacker ride his new bike and down the foot path and thn yups onto the road and bam hit by a speeding car... the kid playing the part acually had to make appearences in schools to prove he was not dead... biggest talk of the town almost! but it certainly did what Road Transport wanted... hit home HARD and put accross a huge mesage ... I guess this is just aniother version!

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
Being from NSW I am yet to see this ad, but I could imagine what its like. The government seems to be using these shock tactics a lot, they've done it for road safety, drugs and smoking here. My opinion is a bit divided, I'm all for it if it works, but I also have the attitude of why should I have to see that I'm very squeemish and theres one smoking add they play here that makes me physically feel sick which annoys me because I have never had a smoke in my life. Another issue would be the fact that young kids may see the ad, I sure as hell wouldn't want my 5 year old watching something like that it would give the poor kid nightmares.

I don't know what the solution is, If it works great, but at what cost dont want everyone in QLD getting nightmares over an ad. Maybe they could make a scheme where if u get booked for speeding, dui, neg driving etc.. u have to go and watch movies like this ad and real crash and ambulance footage, that way they would really be reaching their target audience and sparing the rest of us responsible drivers.......

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
But prevention is better then cure.

Why only scare people about it after they have killed someone?

I reckon it is a disturbing ad, I'm not a week stomached person but I'll avoid watching it if at the time I'm feeling like 'not' seeing blood.

But its what needs to be done, people (ie idiots) need to realise that anything can happen, and that its not so much them that will always cop the pain of the crash.

Keep it on the air. Alot of people I've spoken too said it was sick, but it had to be there.

T

TrickTheFlame

question for the people who've said leave it on....is this ad gonna stop you from speeding and make you sit on the speed limits ALL the time...?

R

rattattack1313

I may go slightly over the limit at times...generally only to keep my place in the flow of traffic...( my wife is a brilliant hand-brake..).... but I definitely don't speed all the time.......

MuNtEd

Reaction score
In A Box Somewhere Up The End Of Your Street
Members Ride
94 VR EXEC
if someone is able to obtian this ad please forward it to me so it can be hosted for viewing for other members