Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Disgusting

speeding ad with baby!

• Remove it from TV?

Votes: 39 29.8%
  • Display it at a later time (after 9pm)?

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • Leave it on?

Votes: 59 45.0%
  • Other?

Votes: 7 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VTS5

TechJunkie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA 3.6L Dual Fuel
rattattack1313 said:
I may go slightly over the limit at times...generally only to keep my place in the flow of traffic...( my wife is a brilliant hand-brake..).... but I definitely don't speed all the time.......

What a disgusting excuse....

R

rattattack1313

no excuse at all, I know....but here in Briz, as in other big cities, driving right on the speed limit can slow the traffic heaps....I know it's illegal, but 4 or 5 k's an hour over the limit on the Inner City Bypass seems acceptable here.... I have followed cop cars along same road....and they were speeding by about 4 or 5 k's...so was everybody else around them........in Sydney, EVERYBODY drives about 20 or 25 K's over the limit on the big roads............

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
VT_Acclm said:
What a disgusting excuse....

What an idiotic, self righteous thing to say. It's not people going a few k's over the limit you have to worry about. It's the extremes. By that I mean those people travelling 200k plus speeds on normal roads. I've seen cars go nuts in residential area's. My street's a thoroughfare, with cars coming through at well over a hundred k's an hour at times. Car's driving 55km hardly pose a risk.

Another concern are those drivers that just slam on their brakes as soon as lights go yellow. I'm not talking gradually slowing down. They just stop dead at very early yellow. Also the lack of indicating, drives me crazy. Especially at roundabouts. Cars doing right turns without indicating, at busy roundabouts. Confuses the living **** out of other drivers. Completely ruins the whole thing about right of way if you don't know who's heading where.

If I was a copper, I'd crash down on those idiot drivers like a tonne of bricks. Not drivers a few k's over the limit. And driving a little faster to keep the flow of traffic going makes perfect sense. Within reason of course.

You are an idiot.

Last edited:
R

rattattack1313

shounak said:
What an idiotic, self righteous thing to say. It's not people going a few k's over the limit you have to worry about. It's the extremes. By that I mean those people travelling 200k plus speeds on normal roads. I've seen cars go nuts in residential area's. My street's a thoroughfare, with cars coming through at well over a hundred k's an hour at times. Car's driving 55km hardly pose a risk.

Another concern are those drivers that just slam on their brakes as soon as lights go yellow. I'm not talking gradually slowing down. They just stop dead at very early yellow. Also the lack of indicating, drives me crazy. Especially at roundabouts. Cars doing right turns without indicating, at busy roundabouts. Confuses the living **** out of other drivers. Completely ruins the whole thing about right of way if you don't know who's heading where.

If I was a copper, I'd crash down on those idiot drivers like a tonne of bricks. Not drivers a few k's over the limit. And driving a little faster to keep the flow of traffic going makes perfect sense. Within reason of course.

You are an idiot.
....yea..ive had personal experience with a fool that stopped as soon as the arrow went orange....the bull bar on tha ol' HJ shunted him a car-legnth through the corner...lol...slight bend in bullbar..shattered rear of Dihatzu.......Dihatzu 0 ...HJ 1......and I agree, fools WELL over the limit should be booked not "Just" over the limit...... and ppl who drive UNDER the limit are a rightfull pain in the arse.......

Last edited by a moderator:

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
rattattack1313 said:
....yea..ive had personal experience with a fool that stopped as soon as the arrow went orange....the bull bar on tha ol' HJ shunted him a car-legnth through the corner...lol...slight bend in bullbar..shattered ear of Dihatzu.......Dihatzu 0 ...HJ 1......and I agree, fools WELL over the limit should be booked not "Just" over the limit...... and ppl who drive UNDER the limit are a rightfull pain in the arse.......

I think that in the right conditions, a 10% tolerance in generally fairly safe. I think a cop will know what situations these are. Driving at 105k whilst overtaking on a freeway isn't too unsafe. But going over the limit in front of a primary school is a lot worse.

I was lucky this time with the guy at the yellow. He was in front of me, entering the the right of the two right turning lanes. The light was green and we're travelling a little under 80, no brake lights. Then the light goes yellow, easily enough time for both of us to get through, with the light staying yellow throughout. He slammed on his brakes, a few cm's of skidding. I swerved into the left right turning lane and made it through with the yellow light on all throughout my turn.

Whilst that may not be illegal, it's a whole lot more unsafe then going 105k on a freeway.

R

rattattack1313

Was on the way home from Rocky to Mackay once..at the end of Dyvinals tour.........I was pissed as, in the front passenger seat...asleep......driver was fully awake and alert......aproaching a small country town ( Carmilla, south of Mackay)...and this stupid old bat ina mini minor fulla kids pulled out in front of us....we slapped into the right hand side of the bridge...totalled the entire side of the car.....I woke up to the noise of a drum winch...voices saying.." He hasnt had any sleep lately..dont wake him..I know what he is like when u wake him.." etc etc..couldn't open my eyes....so I pulled out a can of VB and poured it over me head...seems the driver put his hand over my face on impact to save me...and me sunnies cut into the top of me nose.....hence the blood everywhere..looool...wouldn't of happened if she had have A. looked before she drove out onto the highway....B. gottten up to speed , once on the highway..(in a mini minor????loool..)....

Jesk

registered lunatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
96 ef2 fairmont
whats this ad i've never seen it or heard of it??

Maybe im just lost in my on mind

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
Daniel Jaeschke said:
whats this ad i've never seen it or heard of it??

Maybe im just lost in my on mind

Go back a few pages.. You'll find links to it

Bec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6L Wagon
See the consequences in the flesh and you'll soon slow down.

Unfortunately I don't think there is any other way....not ads....not advice of ppl who have seen the worse (although these ads do help to some degree)