Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Does 2005 vz have EGR valve ????

Does the 2005 vz have an EGR valve

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 5 100.0%

• Total voters

Jemz11

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Commodore Equipe
The vibration is unlikely to be related to the engine mounts. These are quite robust.
A vibrating, rough-running engine is more likely to have an internal problem, possibly fuel starvation, blocked injectors, intermittent operation of fuel pump...even loss of timing (timing chains, for example). It is also likely to have logged a fault code, and an OBD reader plugged into the socket immediately under the steering wheel, should be a priority call before spending money on replacing things that have no bearing on the problem.
The original engine mounts were pretty squashed up with broken rubber all around, not sure if the oem ones are hydraulic filled or not but they had nothing in it. It did help quite alot when they were replaced. But they look fine and holding up 2 years on. There's also been no obd codes come up and injectors have been cleaned. Timing chain could be a problem after 15 years which I probably won't replace. I'll keep the fuel pump in mind also.

Could loss of compression also be a problem for rough idle?

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
Timing chain could be a problem after 15 years which I probably won't replace.

Yes, I agree. I initially thought about the range of engines in the VZ that were affected by the timing chain debacle, but your VZ is 2005, and the timing chain thing came to light the year after, so clear there.

Fifteen years is a long time to have a car. I had my first V6, a dodgy and unstable Toyota Lexcen CSi (VP Commodore-cross) for 14 years, getting rid of it after routine repairs almost bankrupted the household!

Anyway, after that much time I would be trading up to the next model (VF). Timing chains are costly to have replaced (at a service facility), although others here on the fora have done it themselves with various degrees of success and swearing. With 290,000km on the odo, you surely cannot feel too guilty in wanting to move on to something else?

Jemz11

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Commodore Equipe
Your not wrong, its had its fair share of problems come up over the years but its still going strong. If you start adding up replacement part costs and it goes over the value of the car then its defiantly time :D. Ill probably buy another car soon but in the meantime :rolleyes:. Its got just over 190,000km done on it.

Sad to see Holden go :(

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
Your not wrong, its had its fair share of problems come up over the years but its still going strong. If you start adding up replacement part costs and it goes over the value of the car then its defiantly time :D. Ill probably buy another car soon but in the meantime :rolleyes:. Its got just over 190,000km done on it.

Sad to see Holden go :(

Some have problems, some do not.
I traded the VZ I owned before the VF when repairs in one 2 month period totalled $1,760. This was comprised firstly of a routine log book service (oil change, flush, filter, refill etc.). These services over the years were never done at Holden after the first two services by them were found to be incomplete. Then, during another overall inspection, brakes and all rotors were buggered, the rear shock absorbers were found to be dead, the front springs were weak to the point of dipping too much under braking, the battery was not up to the task (after 9 years, it put in quite an effort, so no crime in dying!!), the coolant pump was leaking, the coolant outlet casing was cracked, the radiator was leaking from an unknown area and the fuel pump was also bleeding!! All up, I said to my brother, "Right. That does it. Come on, we've got to let it go." We looked at the treasured little go-kart sitting in the garage, and there was a teary eye. But there was no argument; that afternoon we were in brother's car and looking around the traps for another "bright red plaything". The VZ had logged 195,000km+. We were offered only $1,240 trade-in for it. Aghast and irritated by a ham-fisted used car dealer, Big Brother, who was unbeknownst to this smart arse behind the desk, actually a Dealer Principal with a rival in the 1990s, bumped up the trade-in to $3,300 (!!) and the VF out front in the yard was sold! Two days later the VF was collected and a love affair like no other was born (and I've had several love affairs...:rolleyes:).

Yes, we're all mighty sad to see Holden go.