Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

doesnt make sense noise limits

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi

And_ROOS

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV +6
Can't fault stealthy here, we had people down the road come and tell us to keep the noise down at 3pm because their kid was sleeping. F**k that, why should i have to tippy toe around at that sort of time because someones kid 3 doors down is a light sleeper.

More the point the OP doesnt sound like he knew the law, sounds like the updated laws have just caught out an old car. So either find out the law for when your car was built and argue that, or silence it. Sounds like your only 2 choices.

PS anyone else reminded by the earlier baby comments of the pregnant woman in some bumpkin town who was in the news paper worried about traffic for her unborn whilst holding a ciggie in her hand?

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Can't fault stealthy here, we had people down the road come and tell us to keep the noise down at 3pm because their kid was sleeping. F**k that, why should i have to tippy toe around at that sort of time because someones kid 3 doors down is a light sleeper.

More the point the OP doesnt sound like he knew the law, sounds like the updated laws have just caught out an old car. So either find out the law for when your car was built and argue that, or silence it. Sounds like your only 2 choices.

PS anyone else reminded by the earlier baby comments of the pregnant woman in some bumpkin town who was in the news paper worried about traffic for her unborn whilst holding a ciggie in her hand?

Haha, i thought about posting that pic, but i figured that'd be adding another 'off topic' topic in some people opinions.....

Holdens Rule

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais V6
Stealthy you make me laugh with some of that dribble you come up with. I bought a house on a quiet street mate not a main road so I don't have to put up with that crap and no I don't go do crap like you say but you sound like you go do something you know is not legal then cry about getting done for it, sounds like stupidity to me. You need to look at some of the crap you have posted to see who tries to start the arguments here. There's nothing wrong with difference of opinions but the way you have a go at anyone who doesn't do things like you do is a bit old!

What's wrong with being criminal now, didn't you say to only worry about ourselves? Make up your mind. Oh and for doing my wife god that was really funny, I doubt firstly any girl would be interested in a selfish person as yourself and secondly you'd be too worried about how loud your car is to even know what to do!

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Stealthy you make me laugh with some of that dribble you come up with. I bought a house on a quiet street mate not a main road so I don't have to put up with that crap and no I don't go do crap like you say but you sound like you go do something you know is not legal then cry about getting done for it, sounds like stupidity to me. You need to look at some of the crap you have posted to see who tries to start the arguments here. There's nothing wrong with difference of opinions but the way you have a go at anyone who doesn't do things like you do is a bit old!

What's wrong with being criminal now, didn't you say to only worry about ourselves? Make up your mind. Oh and for doing my wife god that was really funny, I doubt firstly any girl would be interested in a selfish person as yourself and secondly you'd be too worried about how loud your car is to even know what to do!

The point is, why should someone else have to alter what they do to please someone else? Want kids, deal with no sleep. You did what the complaining people should have done, buy a house on a street with no traffic.

I'm not sure what your on about legality, i havn't done anything, nor cryed about anything.....

Um, its against the law....hence why you'd be a criminal. Stabbing someone or rear ending them deliberately is warranted for someone with a loud exhaust.......I'm amazed your wife is still with you if you drive live that. Surely you've written off 1000 cars by now!
Lol'ing at the attempted personal insults. Single by choice ;)

Lets get together everyone, when we see someone with a loud far cannon, rip them out of their car and stab them. Its legal now!;)

Holdens Rule

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais V6
Sounds like your wanting to crying about enjoying your loud exhaust to me, if it aint over the legal DB then so be it but if it is then why complain about being done for it and that's the original point of all this. There is no need to alter what you do to please others just stick to the legalities of everything and everyone will be happy.

Love the way you try to compare stabbing people to exhausts, just wondering if you get the idea of people having a bit of a joke. Obviously not. But Stealthy you can have the last say in all this now cause obviously you are right and everyone else is wrong even if you don't agree with the law your still right, can't complain about logic like that.

Oh and I've only written of a dozen or so cars, all of then idiots that deserved to be run off the road anyway and it turns my missus on when I do it also. (THAT WAS A JOKE BY THE WAY)

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
LMAO, i'm not the OP, HE'S the one who got done for it...It clearly shows a name not STEALTHY next to the first post on my computer!

Oh wow, sarcasm.....the point is you used that as an argument against my comment!

I've never said i'm right and the law is wrong???

I doubt it was a joke! Either way, personally i'd go with someone who has a little bit more respect for my property!

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
Disclaimer
VAREX MUFFLERS ARE DESIGNED AND ENGINEERED WITH THE INTENTION FOR RACE AND OFF-ROAD USE ONLY.

Yeah, actually I meant has anyone used one and what did they think?... I can read but thanks anyway :)