Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

DRL dimmed with headlights on (How to Guide)

We44pn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
Who can get this done in Sydney? I got no clue about wires

alexandervf

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF Commodore sv6
@veessv I just bought this unit from that ebay link you displayed.. Does any wiring from the "DC 12V Car Automatic On/Off Switch LED Daytime Running DRL Dimmer Relay Harness" need to be connected to the BATTERY? Because my battery is in the boot.. Would be great you could do a video, I'm sure many people would appreciate it, cheers!

wamboin23

Donating Member w/ Boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais - Cooled L67 + T56 | VF SSV Ute
Yes, you do need to connect to the battery, but there are two locations in the engine bay that you can use. Jumpstart point on the passengers side of engine bay, or the main point on the engine bay fuse box

alexandervf

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF Commodore sv6
Help!!!

Yes, you do need to connect to the battery, but there are two locations in the engine bay that you can use. Jumpstart point on the passengers side of engine bay, or the main point on the engine bay fuse box

Just got installed by an auto elect for $247.00 with a 5% discount from RACV and now I have the DRL flickering when LOW BEAM is on, how didn't the auto elect pick up on it... I rang him back and he said that it could be the Module that I purchased on ebay also when the I lock the car the DRL's stay on for 26sec before they turn off.. The auto elect said its probably your settings what a load of ****, its "OFF" in LIGHTING so I rang another auto elect and he said that he didn't wire it up properly.

Can anyone help me fix the DRL's flickering and them not turning off straight away as they should when locking the car! Please

Last edited:

ihavesoldout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
Hi alexandervf - If you get it fixed are you able to let us know how? As I had the exact problem, mine were flickering when installed as per the diagram.
So far it only seems to work for one or two people so keen to know where we went wrong in the process.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I was wondering to myself for about a week how to get the DRL's on at the same time as the headlights ... having read this thread, I don't think I'm willing to ditch headlight reliability for the cool-factor ... :)

Noeleter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Equipe Sportwagon
I was wondering to myself for about a week how to get the DRL's on at the same time as the headlights ... having read this thread, I don't think I'm willing to ditch headlight reliability for the cool-factor ... :)

Unreliable and illegal.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I doubt DRL's are illegal, they're too dull.
My 1980 Volvo 242 has DRL's & you can't turn 'em off.