Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Drug tests

Should people on welfare be forced to take drug and alcohol tests on request to colle

• Total voters

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
I vote no simply because I'm not forced to take a drug test in order to receive a salary so why should anybody else? My sister receives welfare because she has a terminally ill child. Should she be subjected to drug screening as well?

in the mines people do receive drug and alcohol tests to ensure they are fit to work, and fair enough your sister is legitimate but what about people living off the dole and just using the majority of the money they receive for dubious purposes?

While such a system may seem unfair on your sister, the idea is the people who don't play by the book will be reeled in, so they have two choices, clean up or get nicked, as such while such testing would of course prove an inconvenience, she would at least have nothing to worry about with regards to the returned results.

in saying that, I'm for it.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
There will always be some people that will not work - full stop. Their life is an endless list of stuff ups and disappointments - to themselfs and their families. They can not get out of there rut they are in no matter what.

Cut the free money and they will cost the system more in other areas.

Hospital costs, police costs.....

VLDavo

Reaction score
Members Ride
lc torana. vn v8. ke30.mazda 1300.
Hell yes they should I'd even go one step further and say when they test positive they should be locked up. If they have no money they are likely to steal o buy drugs so be proactive and lock them up b4 it happens drugs are illegal anyway so there would be just cause in locking them up.

ok how about we lock up every pro footballer who has been caught with drugs or every person who has a full time job that tests positive to drugs or what about the pollys and so forth...thats a crock of sht mate.. wont solve a thing becasue there still gonna use and its easier to get drugs in jail then it is on the street

and as for every drug user who has no money is likley to go and rob someone is a crock of ****..lol there more likely to sell drugs to support there habbit lol

and i happen to be on centerlink not because i dont want a job its becasue i broke my neck 2 months ago and cant work and i dont feel i should be subjected to tests just so i can get money to live on

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
ok how about we lock up every pro footballer who has been caught with drugs or every person who has a full time job that tests positive to drugs or what about the pollys and so forth...thats a crock of sht mate.. wont solve a thing becasue there still gonna use and its easier to get drugs in jail then it is on the street

and as for every drug user who has no money is likley to go and rob someone is a crock of ****..lol there more likely to sell drugs to support there habbit lol

and i happen to be on centerlink not because i dont want a job its becasue i broke my neck 2 months ago and cant work and i dont feel i should be subjected to tests just so i can get money to live on

They should be locked up too. Again as someone stated if you have nothing to hide what's the problem?

whata stupid ****en post! gay as ****!

About as stupid as you are?

Why do people always say something is as gay as? It is so childish.

VLDavo

Reaction score
Members Ride
lc torana. vn v8. ke30.mazda 1300.
They should be locked up too. Again as someone stated if you have nothing to hide what's the problem?

if push came to shove it was take a test or no money then id have no problem but its still an invasion of privacy. i mean people have real problems with drugs shouldnt just be locked up and the key thrown away becasue it doesnt solve anything..

if they test positive then they should be given food vouchers and so forth instead of an amount of money and have something along the lines of that and have to report to drug counceling or rehab to get them into the work force

and if you just lock em up and throw away the key it will cost more money out of everyones taxes to keep them locked up when the recources should be spent on locking up hardcore criminals.

Low_VX_Taxi

Blanned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blundstone boots
Im voting yes but as with VLdavo I beleive there should be vouchers for:

Food (do a deal with the all the large supermarkets)

Housing (person tells the govt. who they are renting off and cheques are made out directly to them)

Electricity/Water

This way they are able to continue living but will be more likely to look for a job to get things they like/want.

I want to point out tho this shouldnt be the case with people on a disability or carers pension, as they may have higher costs/not be able to find or get ANY work.

Another point is there are alot of people who are abusing the system, I know a guy who is perfectly able bodied but refuses to work because he cant find "the right job" FFS any job that pays the bills is the right job!!!!! The guy im talking about sits around drinking all day/night......

VZTHUNDER

Enhanced Custom Tuned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Thunder MY06
you have some very good points.
vouchers are a good idea cause then they can get what they need and if they want more than can get a job

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
while im all for testing, i do belive it is a invasion of privacy.

i dotn see why seperating people on welfair and peopel who arnt on welfare is needed.

if drug tests are to be brought in, i beleive it should be for all population, those who work are not above the law simple as t hat.

ofcouse there are alway's circumstances where a drug test is required nd needed, but as for a general generic test for everyone on the dole, nah, i wont be voting yes for that,

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Bloody Oath they should. Tell me youve never passed Centerlink/Been into Centerlink and seen people there and thought yeah thats right off to the Pub/Bottle Shop/Local Druggie you go.

Instead of forcing them off the payments perhaps give them vouchers which forces them to provide the adequte nessaties (sp?) that the money was provided for.