Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dyno results vs W310 pack = at the wheels?

Tumble_roll

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf1 ssv redline
Just a heads-up, hub dynos usually report using J1394 correction factor.
That is an important starting point to compare your results, as most chassis dyno results are J607.
Are you able to post the report for comparison?
Hey mate i have no idea what j1394 and j607 mean. All i got from terry was my dyno sheet which is on paramount performance facebook page and was posted on friday 11/01/19. I can upload the same page here if i can workout how to attach it. There is a table presented on the dyno with a heap of info contained in it. Any feedback or analysis of the dyno results would be appreciated for this novice.

rognvald261

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS A6
Hey mate i have no idea what j1394 and j607 mean. All i got from terry was my dyno sheet which is on paramount performance facebook page and was posted on friday 11/01/19. I can upload the same page here if i can workout how to attach it. There is a table presented on the dyno with a heap of info contained in it. Any feedback or analysis of the dyno results would be appreciated for this novice.
Firstly yes it is possible to have an unopened L77 with bolt-ons reach ~300rwkw +/- 5kw on e85. Never reported without rockers and springs, as required CFM is not possible due to cam (lift) choke limiting VE, and proper (intake) valve control around the ~6200rpm required.
Worth noting in that regard your peak HP is at 5500 rpm on petrol, so the apparent increase in Volumetric Efficiency at significantly lower RPM is unusual and unexplained.
I suspect being at such a low baro of 980 may have an impact on the correction factor, as actual output would be much less at that altitude.

rognvald261

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS A6
Pir4te ? If that question is directed to me then no i am not pir4te reincarnated into tumble_roll.
Simply put I don’t doubt the effort and apparent result, just interested in the detail as to how that occurred, as is extraordinary.

rognvald261

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS A6
Is that you Pir4te??;)
Back again??:p
Read his posts, long gone I think. Gotta laugh when some newbie tries to string together a coherent argument is branded a scoundrel (pir4te)!

Tumble_roll

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf1 ssv redline
Firstly yes it is possible to have an unopened L77 with bolt-ons reach ~300rwkw +/- 5kw on e85. Never reported without rockers and springs, as required CFM is not possible due to cam (lift) choke limiting VE, and proper (intake) valve control around the ~6200rpm required.
Worth noting in that regard your peak HP is at 5500 rpm on petrol, so the apparent increase in Volumetric Efficiency at significantly lower RPM is unusual and unexplained.
I suspect being at such a low baro of 980 may have an impact on the correction factor, as actual output would be much less at that altitude.

Thanks mate. Interesting analysis. Toowoomba is like 700 metres above sea level.. so that can change the results ? I have only ever run her on 98 fuel from new she has 38000 on the clock. Rockers and springs stock. She has not been cracked open before. As previously mentioned she has walky w310 which comes with ceramic coated headers, hi flow cats, upgraded side cold box, cat back exhaust and a maf ecu tune. Unsure of the diameter of the walky pipes fitted.

The changes from that w310 was replace cold boxwith a vcm otr and a mafless retune. Thats it.

Cheers.

rognvald261

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS A6
Thanks mate. Interesting analysis. Toowoomba is like 700 metres above sea level.. so that can change the results ? I have only ever run her on 98 fuel from new she has 38000 on the clock. Rockers and springs stock. She has not been cracked open before. As previously mentioned she has walky w310 which comes with ceramic coated headers, hi flow cats, upgraded side cold box, cat back exhaust and a maf ecu tune. Unsure of the diameter of the walky pipes fitted.

The changes from that w310 was replace cold boxwith a vcm otr and a mafless retune. Thats it.

Cheers.
Yeah nah all good bits, and last thing I want to do is argue :)
Thing is the stock cam lift specifically chokes L77 at around 5300 Int and exh. Hence one of the main reasons why all upgrades from 370-385 level swap the cam.
The main thing is you are happy with the improvement, and dyno is a tuning tool not ideal for objective measurement.

Tumble_roll

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf1 ssv redline
Simply put I don’t doubt the effort and apparent result, just interested in the detail as to how that occurred, as is extraordinary.
Dunno mate but i am after feedback. I am happy to provide a copy of the invoice from the tuning house for the work done and a copy of the tune. I cant be more honest and upfront than that
Cheers.

Tumble_roll

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf1 ssv redline
Yeah nah all good bits, and last thing I want to do is argue :)
Thing is the stock cam lift specifically chokes L77 at around 5300 Int and exh. Hence one of the main reasons why all upgrades from 370-385 level swap the cam.
The main thing is you are happy with the improvement, and dyno is a tuning tool not ideal for objective measurement.
Cheers interesting point about the cam limitation around @5300rpm. I hope i am not putting any l77 components under excessive wear then ?