Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

economy figures in vs 8's

vnv8driver

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
304 Calais
its accurate when it dies as soon as it reads 0-1km to empty, its innacurate when it runs out before it says 0-1km to empty....

Im well aware of the calibration factors and they have been adjusted properly and tested on the highway (proper markers)

vnv8driver

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
304 Calais
my vq on the other hand was innacuurate, read at least 100-200 km over to empty at every fillup! suppose thats the differance between a 100,000 km car and a 220,000n km car.

commsirac

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Members Ride
vx
same as your vx, which is 75 litres. if its so easy go fill up and take a pic showing more than 1000km left to empty.

the fuel tank in my 17 year old v8 is 80 litres and shows 830km to empty after filling up, even if your vx v6 can match that reading you still dont have v8 power.

Fill up the tank LOL, it would take me about two years to get through it....my vx runs lpg too!

But given its 75L, should be good for a 1136km reading!

I could go to the trouble of getting a similar reading by filling up the lpg tank, but what would it prove....its easy enough to coast for the first couple of kms and create a silly reading.

Quite true, I dont have v8 power(but my bank balance is better for it)......I dont think anyone was arguing about that.

vnv8driver

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
304 Calais
personally for a ls1 to get 1000 out of a tank i would question it at first, he could of reset the trip meter and taken the photo a minute afterwards which would give a false reading..... hell if i reset the ecu in my car it shows some massive numbers.

Anyway i just went out and on the l3 dash it says 65 litres used and 517 km travelled.. no matter what car can and cant beat that number, im happy.

Galixia

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 CBR1000RR & G6E Turbo
Fill up the tank LOL, it would take me about two years to get through it....my vx runs lpg too!

But given its 75L, should be good for a 1136km reading!

I could go to the trouble of getting a similar reading by filling up the lpg tank, but what would it prove....its easy enough to coast for the first couple of kms and create a silly reading.

lol sounds like someone knows they cant back what their saying and knows it quite well...

and im guessing that u have never owned a V8...

redvs2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor charged Vs, VY ss ute, rodeo daily
Anyway i just went out and on the l3 dash it says 65 litres used and 517 km travelled.. no matter what car can and cant beat that number, im happy.

yeh i'd be happy with that ey! thats around equal to if not better than my ecotec! got a few months till i'd be realistically making the change but im thinking a vs clubby wud be pretty damn sweet! i've pretty much fallen in love with Wagon_wheel's clubby... SOO JEALOUS!!

vnv8driver

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
304 Calais
to tell you the truth i cant tell the differance in fuel economy between the v6 and v8 as a daily driver, especially around town, your not on the accelerator half as often as the v6, and if you are youll be getting fines left right and centre.... on the highway i use less than half a tank of petrol going from brissie to the gold coast and back again, in the v6 it used exactly half a tank (63litres versus 80 litres)

redvs2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor charged Vs, VY ss ute, rodeo daily
to tell you the truth i cant tell the differance in fuel economy between the v6 and v8 as a daily driver, especially around town, your not on the accelerator half as often as the v6, and if you are youll be getting fines left right and centre.... on the highway i use less than half a tank of petrol going from brissie to the gold coast and back again, in the v6 it used exactly half a tank (63litres versus 80 litres)

lol which tank to which engine... im guessing the 80 with the 8? thats 40 litres to go to the goldie and back?

the best trip ive done in the v6 was grafton to brisbane and a little more... not being too gentle on the throttle and going about 120 - 140 most of the way... i got just under 10L/100k...

shanhsv

Luvo
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais V6 & VSII Senator 215i
redvs2,To put it simple,Both 6 & 8 use similar fuel but you get more power to play with in an 8. Any1 who says that V8's are thirsty really have no idea what their on about,how many V8 drivers are here saying how great it is have have one,and how their NOT as thirsty as people think.