Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Electronic Bi-Modal Valves

John Revill

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.2L A6
got around to finishing the job now I just need to source a mid section without the muffler.

I used a fuse tap to get 12v ignition switched power from the fusebox above the battery
fuse_tap.jpg

You are a ledged. I have not had time to recheck my wiring for my project, but I was positive I have already checked these fuses for an ignition switched fuse. You found it and I have just tested it again on my car and it is definitely the correct fuse. Don't know how I missed it before. Looks like My Bluetooth bimodal controller will be easy to wire up after all. Might have a crack at it this weekend. You are a life saver.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Great job. All gibberish to me but...Would you build a few for the right price?

I have never been one to sell things like this I always just provide info.
this mod is kind of a last resort thing because having to cut the valve controllers open is a bit extreme but as you can see both of mine were stuffed and full of water so I had no choice.

I am going to look into finding a controller that is not full of water and the circuit to control that will be very simple because it is just a matter of setting up a 10v pwm signal and will not require the controllers to be cut open.
the end result will be the same though you use a switch or a remote relay to open and close them, the idea of using a phone is cool but I don't think using the phone while driving is a good setup.

I have a few canbus shields so I am also going to play around with reading the vehicle speed from gmlan and when you are say cruising at 70kmh+ the valves shut and when you slow down or stop the valves open, sort of an "around town mode".
closing the valves automatically at cruising speed might also stop the drone issues when you have no muffler on the center pipe or that crappy sound afm makes.

LS1SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline.1970 Dodge R/T Challenger 440 six pack.
Does any one have any electric valves or VF mufflers they don’t want? I’d like to try this on my VE,I can pick up in Sydney if any available.

KLoNe

Reaction score
Members Ride
6.2L V8 Phantom VF2 Calais-V
This is the best thing I've ever seen. Brilliant work!

John Revill

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.2L A6
I used a fuse tap to get 12v ignition switched power from the fusebox above the battery
fuse_tap.jpg

Did you find a fuse tap with the right angle lead or did you break the plastic tip off and bend the wire? My fuse tap lead sticks out straight into the big box below it (X300 on the fuse box diagram).

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
I have never been one to sell things like this I always just provide info.
this mod is kind of a last resort thing because having to cut the valve controllers open is a bit extreme but as you can see both of mine were stuffed and full of water so I had no choice.

I am going to look into finding a controller that is not full of water and the circuit to control that will be very simple because it is just a matter of setting up a 10v pwm signal and will not require the controllers to be cut open.
the end result will be the same though you use a switch or a remote relay to open and close them, the idea of using a phone is cool but I don't think using the phone while driving is a good setup.

I have a few canbus shields so I am also going to play around with reading the vehicle speed from gmlan and when you are say cruising at 70kmh+ the valves shut and when you slow down or stop the valves open, sort of an "around town mode".
closing the valves automatically at cruising speed might also stop the drone issues when you have no muffler on the center pipe or that crappy sound afm makes.
I have a couple of controllers from a 2016 HSV. PM me and I'll send them to you.

Tripxit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline Wagon
Thanks for the info and work done on this.

Tripxit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline Wagon
Hey Stooge, By the looks it's been over a month or so since you completed this mod, is it still working ok without any problems. Just want to check before I modify my bi-modals. This seems the easiest mod that I can fine to get bi-modals working in Series 1 Redline. Thanks.