Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Electronic steering

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
this exactly. i may be looking at using these racks in future for conversions, and if they use a lubricant, id like to know.

They're not a quick and simple standalone part, just FYI. They need a GMLAN connection to provide vehicle speed and engine speed info. Probably still doable if you transplant the whole electrical system out of a VF though.

Black X

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Redline Ute
I picked the ute up from Suttons last night after the steering rack was replaced and noticed an engine warning light was on. I also noticed the a/c didn't work as well as it used to.

I took it back there this morning and they cleared the fault and said it was related to my OTR. The OTR isn't MAFLESS mind you and has been on there for several months. Once they cleared the fault I drove it down the street and the warning light didn't come back on until I turned the a/c back on. It's going back in to be looked at next week. Anyone else experienced anything similar?

DanielSS-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline
Competition mode is a SS-V Redline feature. Tap on the traction control switch in the centre console and it comes up on the DIC. Steering gets heavier, electronic nannies get wound right back and throttle feels a tad sharper.

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
I took it back there this morning and they cleared the fault and said it was related to my OTR. The OTR isn't MAFLESS mind you and has been on there for several months. Once they cleared the fault I drove it down the street and the warning light didn't come back on until I turned the a/c back on. It's going back in to be looked at next week. Anyone else experienced anything similar?

Yep, see it all the time. Fiddle with the air intake and you'll get codes. The ECM has it programmed that at a certain % of throttle, at parameter X of the MAF and parameter Y of the MAP the engine is getting Z amount of air. Change to a less restrictive intake, you're getting Z+x% and the ECM doesn't know why so it assumes a fault. If you change to an OTR you NEED to get it tuned, MAFless or not.

Black X

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Redline Ute
But it was fine until they touched the car.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
You might want to check section 10-14 of your manual.

so no explanation to this?

15013098-a-skeleton-getting-a-headache-from-paying-bills.jpg