Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Electronic steering

Martyr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS
12/15 VFII SS
86,000km

Symptoms were vehicle pulling to right and steering wheel centring right - I had not noticed the 'loss of power assistance' problem. They just replaced the whole steering rack today under warranty.

Rob Kanarek

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 HSV Grange
Mine's out of warranty so didn't bother with Holden. Was doing it at least once every trip. I did some searches (as previously shared here) and my mate who's a mechanic disconnected and checked all three connectors to the power steering and lubed them with electo conductive grease and reconnected everything. Thank god, so far so good. 3 days without the problem recurring.

16SSWag

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 SS Black wagon
Mine's out of warranty so didn't bother with Holden. Was doing it at least once every trip. I did some searches (as previously shared here) and my mate who's a mechanic disconnected and checked all three connectors to the power steering and lubed them with electo conductive grease and reconnected everything. Thank god, so far so good. 3 days without the problem recurring.

Hi mate,
Just wondering if the plugs are easy to get to?

Rob Kanarek

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 HSV Grange
My mate mechanic did it. From what I could see they were fairly easy to access. Bottom of rack roughly behind bumper stone tray

SSV 407

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
My VH had blinker and headlight fluid too :eek: They used to fill up when it rained or I washed it :p

SSVREDLINE2014

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
I'm having this issue with the speedo telling me "Please service power steering" steering wheel locks up only in the mornings so far when its been around 10 degrees. Any ideas what I'm dealing with?

Last edited: