Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Engine Light P0521

CraZyOne

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE CalaisV
Hoping someone can help with an engine light problem.
I randomly get an engine light and checked the code to be P0521 Engine Oil Pressure (EOP) - Sensor Performance.
Oil pressure sensor was replaced and code was cleared at last service but now it has returned. Oil levels are fine and clean. It can stay on for a couple of days then disappear only to return a few days to a week later. It always disappears and hasn't stayed on for more than a couple of days. There does not seem to be any abnormal noises coming from the engine and as far as I can tell everything is running as normal.
2012 VE Calais L77 AFM

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
When the sensor was replaced, was a genuine replacement fitted?

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
was it replaced because it was leaking ? sometimes the oil gets into the plug and when replaced the plug still has oil in it causing the same issue so it may just need the oil cleaned out of the plug and will be fine

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Last edited:

krusing

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hoping someone can help with an engine light problem.
I randomly get an engine light and checked the code to be P0521 Engine Oil Pressure (EOP) - Sensor Performance.
Oil pressure sensor was replaced and code was cleared at last service but now it has returned. Oil levels are fine and clean. It can stay on for a couple of days then disappear only to return a few days to a week later. It always disappears and hasn't stayed on for more than a couple of days. There does not seem to be any abnormal noises coming from the engine and as far as I can tell everything is running as normal.
2012 VE Calais L77 AFM

It maybe an idea to get it scanned for any other DTC's that maybe causing the MIL to be activated,
Depending where you are in Melb, I can scan it for you, and check for any codes, and email you a copy for your records.

Last edited:

krusing

Reaction score
Members Ride
was it replaced because it was leaking ? sometimes the oil gets into the plug and when replaced the plug still has oil in it causing the same issue so it may just need the oil cleaned out of the plug and will be fine

WD40 is good to diplace oil in electrical fittings,
But make sure you remove the rubber seal they use the stop the ingress of moister.

CraZyOne

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE CalaisV
When the sensor was replaced, was a genuine replacement fitted?
Replaced by Holden at a scheduled service. They charged an arm and leg for it so I'm guessing it was a genuine Holden part.

krusing

Reaction score
Members Ride
Replaced by Holden at a scheduled service. They charged an arm and leg for it so I'm guessing it was a genuine Holden part.

Take it back to them if its in the 20,000k/m warranty period.