Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

First car cheap modifications

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Debadge and give a real good detail and polish -Almost Free

Set of lowered springs - Should be around 500-600 fitted??

Dark tint - Under or around 200.

Neons will let the gay community know you want to join them.

Cheap exhaust will cause horny cows to mount your car and try to mate with it.

NIXONLS1

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my mum
Hahahahah neons lost my ####ing **** bahahahahahahaha

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)
I have to agree with everyone here.
I would recommend
1) Complete Detail, spend a day cleaning, waxing, vacuuming, and scrubbing the car so it looks brand new.
2) I have seen cat back dual tip exhausts from V8 models on eBay going cheap every once in a while (Less than $100). You will just need to find one locally to save on postage.
This wont give you any noticeable power improvement, but its a cheap way to make th bum of the car look nicer.
3) Debadge the back. Makes the backend look nice and clean.
4) Convert interior lamps to white or coloured LEDs (They consume less power, have the same brightness, and last forever, plus they make the interior look more modern at night).
5) Convert the Cluster, Radio, and LCD LEDs to a different colour. If you are competent with a soldering iron, you can do this yourself, if not, then PM phreddy - ASR Audio on how much this costs. Trust me, if you change from the Omega green to white, the interior will look at lot classier, and will be easier to read at night time.
6) Upgrade the cluster. (If you are willing to learn, you can program up the Cluster eeprom yourself). I have seen SV6 and SS clusters on eBay go for as little as $100.
A triple LCD berlina cluster went for $120 not that long ago. There is info on programming VE clusters available on the internet.
7) Have a crack at installing footwell lights. You should be able to do this yourself for less than $15.

howey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 60TH ANN OMEGA
@Zerone that's alot of stuff
Gotta question, when you're spray painting an exhaust system, do you need to use a particular paint?

howey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 60TH ANN OMEGA
OK well I don't alot about cars (guess street cred just went into negative!) I was looking at used exhaust system parts that have discoloured or are showing signs of rust so I was thinking you could clean it up and then spray over it with Rust Guard

TraidMarc

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.traidmarc.com
Members Ride
VE Series II SS-V Redline Sportswagon A6 Phantom
Ok, I have a KPM stainless catback, but I don't think it makes the car look better, apart form the tips, I don't think any Exhaust will make your car look better......but if you happen to get a flat, and have the car up on the jack, placing some mirrors on the ground, will, make the exhaust look good to anyone that passes bye!!!!!LOL