Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fitting factory TPMS (tryre pressure monitors) to a VE - can it be done?

Redline16

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII SSV Redline Manual
Got it setup no worries, just have to program the sensors myself now when I get them fitted. Cost an hours labour.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Got it setup no worries, just have to program the sensors myself now when I get them fitted. Cost an hours labour.

Great I really need that, what do I need to inform the local Holden guy exactly to enable it?
How much for sensors and what do you need to program given you pay Holden an hour to fit the sensors?

Redline16

Reaction score
Members Ride
Told them that I needed the RFA (remote function actuator) reprogrammed with the TPM option. (When I go to the TIS website and enter my vin, It gives an option of with TPM or without, hopefully your vin will do this too because some apparently don't.) And also the tpms needs to be turned on in tech 2 in the Instrument/cluster section (can't remember the name but I think they call it IPC).

Redline16

Reaction score
Members Ride
I also didn't get Holden to fit anything, it was just programming.
The sensors aren't cheap but you can get them cheaper from the U.S, I think around the $130 mark including postage.

M

mwb235

It's only taken me most of this year since I started this thread, but I finally got the TPMS working on my MY08.5 Calais V. I bought myself a Tech 2 off feebay & found a cracked version of TIS2000 version 91 on the internet (that gives me the required security access) so was able to do all the reprogramming myself. This is what I did: (1) had a set of 4 tyre sensors fitted; (2) Reprogrammed the RFA thru TIS2000 and Tech2 - I used a 2007 Caprice VIN; (3) Enabled the TPMS option in cluster using Tech2; (4) Performed the "sensor learn" function thru Tech2. It was then all working. But as expected I found my cluster only showed the "basic" TPMS graphics as it is the white-backed AAPL (Arrow) version. I had considered trying to fit a later black-backed Continental/VDO cluster, and even EEPROM programming. But I discovered (by accident) that if I reprogram the cluster ("IPC") thru TIS2000 using a 2009 Calais V VIN it makes the full graphics work. I now have the car graphic with the 4 pressures, and the option to change pressure units (psi/kPa) thru the trip computer menu etc. It's been a long wait and countless hours stuffing around with it all, but it's been worth it. Best part is I didn't need to use TIS2WEB (and pay their huge fee) nor did I have to pay a f---ing cent to a Holden Extortion (err, I mean "Service") Department. Thanks to all the posters for all the info. :)

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Interesting thread. I thought all VEs TPMS was a standard feature.

My Pontiac G8 came with it. Our biggest gripe within the G8 community is that is not accurate and gives lots of false readings. I carry a gauge to double check the pressure. On the wish list of improvements that is one of them, a better accuracy. Other than that, as Go-NoGo gauge works wonders.

illlusion

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY10
It's only taken me most of this year since I started this thread, but I finally got the TPMS working on my MY08.5 Calais V. I bought myself a Tech 2 off feebay & found a cracked version of TIS2000 version 91 on the internet (that gives me the required security access) so was able to do all the reprogramming myself. This is what I did: (1) had a set of 4 tyre sensors fitted; (2) Reprogrammed the RFA thru TIS2000 and Tech2 - I used a 2007 Caprice VIN; (3) Enabled the TPMS option in cluster using Tech2; (4) Performed the "sensor learn" function thru Tech2. It was then all working. But as expected I found my cluster only showed the "basic" TPMS graphics as it is the white-backed AAPL (Arrow) version. I had considered trying to fit a later black-backed Continental/VDO cluster, and even EEPROM programming. But I discovered (by accident) that if I reprogram the cluster ("IPC") thru TIS2000 using a 2009 Calais V VIN it makes the full graphics work. I now have the car graphic with the 4 pressures, and the option to change pressure units (psi/kPa) thru the trip computer menu etc. It's been a long wait and countless hours stuffing around with it all, but it's been worth it. Best part is I didn't need to use TIS2WEB (and pay their huge fee) nor did I have to pay a f---ing cent to a Holden Extortion (err, I mean "Service") Department. Thanks to all the posters for all the info. :)
You got a link for the tis2000 software I am keen to have a look at it

Redline16

Reaction score
Members Ride
Interesting thread. I thought all VEs TPMS was a standard feature.

My Pontiac G8 came with it. Our biggest gripe within the G8 community is that is not accurate and gives lots of false readings. I carry a gauge to double check the pressure. On the wish list of improvements that is one of them, a better accuracy. Other than that, as Go-NoGo gauge works wonders.

It isn't mandatory on new cars yet over here like it is in the U.S (We are a bit slower to react here)
I assume it would cost Holden money to have the system setup in all the cars so they didn't bother being the tight asses GM is.

phillmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Sportswagon 2011
it's only taken me most of this year since i started this thread, but i finally got the tpms working on my my08.5 calais v. I bought myself a tech 2 off feebay & found a cracked version of tis2000 version 91 on the internet (that gives me the required security access) so was able to do all the reprogramming myself. This is what i did: (1) had a set of 4 tyre sensors fitted; (2) reprogrammed the rfa thru tis2000 and tech2 - i used a 2007 caprice vin; (3) enabled the tpms option in cluster using tech2; (4) performed the "sensor learn" function thru tech2. It was then all working. But as expected i found my cluster only showed the "basic" tpms graphics as it is the white-backed aapl (arrow) version. I had considered trying to fit a later black-backed continental/vdo cluster, and even eeprom programming. But i discovered (by accident) that if i reprogram the cluster ("ipc") thru tis2000 using a 2009 calais v vin it makes the full graphics work. I now have the car graphic with the 4 pressures, and the option to change pressure units (psi/kpa) thru the trip computer menu etc. It's been a long wait and countless hours stuffing around with it all, but it's been worth it. Best part is i didn't need to use tis2web (and pay their huge fee) nor did i have to pay a f---ing cent to a holden extortion (err, i mean "service") department. Thanks to all the posters for all the info. :)

well done,,,,,,,,,