Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fitting Sheep Skin inserts to front seats

ethan116

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International Sedan
The head restraint needs to be removed as the two rods have to go through the seat protector.

So my question is how do you remove the head restraint ?

footy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SE 2010
people still use sheepskin seatcovers?

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Don't they just remove like any other head rest? A button at the bottom of each rod? You might not be able to see the button if the head rest is all the way down, but it's definately there.

Footy - I love sheep skin covers. A lot of people have only ever sat in cheap ones , but if you've ever sat in a quality custom made one you will know just how nice they are. I used to think they were only for old people, now they are at the top of my "to do" list with any car.

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Woollen covers awful! I'd rather one of those dodgy beaded seat covers. But then I just have a fundamental issue with any seat cover! Lol. Not as much of an issue as I have with those ridiculous steering wheel covers - which should be banned - but there you go... That's my rant for the day.

But yeah.. From memory, it's a button on each stalk.

ssavage

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV 9.5
There is the little button on the side that you use to adjust the head rests and on the other side there is a pin hole all u have to do is shove a pin in there and hold the button and u can take the whole thing out

Hope this helps

ethan116

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International Sedan
Okay thanks for the replies, have found the pin hole and button, all good.

And in reply to footy try a look a super cheap auto, wall to wall sheepskin seat protectors, lovely to sit in, warm in winter cool in summer, you don't know what you are missing.

You may notice I said inserts not full seat covers, back and bum.

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
The inserts are a right pain in the ass. They ride up all the time and are impossible to keep in place. I had them on my vt and ripped them off in no time.

philsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sv6
whats the deal with airbags in the seats? simply not a clever idea to have seatcovers or?

B-roca

I’m an F-18, bro
Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
whats the deal with airbags in the seats? simply not a clever idea to have seatcovers or?

if the airbags go off with regular slip on seat covers fitted, they'll about launch you through the windscreen! lol.

I think there are proper ones you can get from holden (though no doubt pricey) - not sure if there are aftermarket ones or not.

You could always get some aftermarket seat covers and then take them to a shop that does clothing or something and get them to cut out the parts that cover the airbags. But in this case the OP is only considering seat inserts (no sides) so this shouldn't be an issue with airbags.