Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

For the BMW fans. E30 318is.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
cmon man, that 3 letter word makes everything twice as dear, you should know this :p

what headlights has it got? the projectors?

Since when is 'Repco' a 3 letter word.... :p

You should go projector headlights but not the same as mine... mine are f'ing ****! I think generally... looks at what I've done to my bimmer... and try to avoid making those mistakes... :rofl:

skyracer

Reaction score
Rosebud / Mornington Peninsula / Victoria
Members Ride
VS II Berlina & BMW E30 318 iS & VS II Manual GTS
Yeah just the standard projecter ones Ive got. The rh high beam lens is cracked though. But all good. I got a new one from work for $75. :) will put it on tomorrow night.

Haha ok. Ive been through your thread. Most of it's pretty much just stuff breaking. LOL I'll try to avoid that. Head lights are going on my 'To Mod' list. Your ones can't be that bad? I reckon they look pretty cool. :p

Jesterarts

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Yeah, the look alright but they are made dodgey. Basically, the low beams are projector's which works awesome, but the highbeams are just standard reflectors. Fair enough, but to get the highbeam looking all nice and black they've basically just painted over the refelctor bit. Making highbeam completely useless.

Plus the halo rings are dodge. In mine there is like 4 parker globes that light up the ring, but you can get better ones with a much nicer halo. Having said that... I think the halo's cheapen the e30's abit. They look much niced with say projectors for lowbeam and the yellow tinted euro-spec highbeams...

skyracer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ah true. I'll look into them when I have the money for a new pair of lights. :p Are you going on the south gippy cruise next month? We can all compare our head lights hahaha. :)

Going to take my gear knob into work tomorrow to get a quote. Mines too far worn for my liking. :(

dsc00487an.jpg

Hope it's not like $300 for a new one just because it's got the m sport badge. >.<

skyracer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Done a little bit this weekend. Cleaned the inside of the car without going nuts with carpet cleaner stuff lol. Took out the seats. Found like $10 in change under the back seat. Score! haha Put my new m sport genuine bmw gear knob on . :) Got a m sport leather boot for the hand break too. Took out the old school mobile phone holder funky thing that was attached to the center console. Fixed my RH head light.

Coming together nicely. :)

Some before and after pics.

When I first got it.

s1919o.jpg

After.

dsc00501p.jpg

Before.

s1919d.jpg

After.

dsc00497bf.jpg

Jesterarts

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Fark, nice work mate!

Looks awesome! I'm also impressed to see a E30 dash that's not weather cracked...

Came up a treat...

BLKVESV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
looks good mate, should be awesome when its finished

skyracer

Reaction score
Members Ride
The dash is cracked. But no where near what most of them are. Pretty good considering. :) Getting new front slotted rotors this week and Caster bushes. Then the Week after is new windscreen and tires all round. Then roady and rego. YEPOO

:boxing:

Can't wait for the sept gippy cruise. :D

VjamesY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY executive
Nice car, you gave her a good scrub mate, looks heaps cleaner now.

Ill be watching over this thread, I love old beamers just as much as commodores. My next cars going to be an e30 or a vz calais hopefully...

Cant wait to see the progress,

also just wondering what cosmetic mods your considering? Wheels and some stance hopefully haha

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
check ebay for a shifter knob, i bought a new weighted m3 factory job for ~$90. check realoem.com for the part number, and search it on ebay