Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

For the BMW fans. E30 318is.

skyracer

Reaction score
Rosebud / Mornington Peninsula / Victoria
Members Ride
VS II Berlina & BMW E30 318 iS & VS II Manual GTS
Way ahead of ya :p It's already installed. hehe.

dsc00492l.jpg

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
haha nice, exactly the same as mine(looks it anyway), except i bought a non m logo for it :p

skyracer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Well, got my cross drilled vented race rotors. Put them on today. All was well. UNTILL!!!

lol

Took the wheels off, took the calipers off, took the old stock rotors off. Put the new rotors on then compressed the brake calipers and put new pads in. Put the calipers back on. Put the front left wheel back on. Everything was fine. Go to put the front right wheel back on. Put the bolt in the hole. Then as soon as it starts going in with my impact gun. Starts to struggle. so I'm like hmmmm? Put the gun in reverse and get the bolt out. And I am left with this.

dsc00507m.jpg

So I'm like. wtf it came out fine why the hell did it decide to strip itself when it went back in? So I tried another bolt in another hole. did the same thing WTF??? so I tried ANOTHER bolt in ANOTHER HOLE.....DOES IT AGAIN WTFTFTFWTFTF!?!?!? 3 different bolts in 3 different holes. >.< So I try the last bolt in the last hole and it goes in just fine like it should. Like all the other ones have done before.

I don't understand. It's not the first time I have taken the front right wheel off on this car and tried to put it back on. For what ever reason is beyond me. The bolts this time just decided to strip themselves. and the condition of the thread in the hub is now compromised. ffs. So pissed off. Was so pissed off I still took the car for a drive around the block to test the new discs and pads out. with only 1 bolt all the way in. lol. god damn stupid.

Anyway. pics. :)

dsc00503av.jpg

dsc00505gc.jpg

dsc00506tz.jpg

Last edited:

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
rip the hubs off, drill the holes out and convert to press in studs, easier for swapping wheels too :p

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
cut a groove in the thread of the bolt with a 1mm angle grinding disc, thighten her back up and never take it off again :s

lol, sexy bimmer mate :D saw the "sunroof not working" part and had a lol. i took a trade-in bimmer ages back, the owner didnt know why the sunroof wouldnt close, had a quick look in it, saw the problem, said to the owner "yeah, its pretty bad the mechanism needs to be replaced" he left happy he got good money for his trade in, and i took the pen someone had put in the sunroof mechanism out and was happy with my new working bimmer sunroof :D

skyracer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hahahaha man that's dodgy. But hey, everyone was happy in the end. lol

NEW TYERS YAY So close to roady and rego now. :D

dsc00508o.jpg

Also put new wiper blade rubber on and fixed my hub with the stupid bolts that stripped them self's. At least for now. lol

Last edited:

skyracer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Booked in for roady on Monday. Hope all goes well then registered on Tuesday!!! Woop :D

Hope I haven't missed anything.

Fixed:
New rocker cover gasket
New Spark plugs
Oil change
New Oil filter
New windscreen
New Wiper blade rubber
New Caster bushes
New tyers allround
New brake pads allround
New front cross drilled brake discs
Brakes have been bled
New Pad sensors
Reset inspection lights
Fixed cracked headlight
New Fuel filter
New K&N High flow air filter
Fixed rear muffler replaced with sports muffler. (sounds nice :p)
Fixed drivers seat

Think that's about it. Should pass roady... I hope. :)