Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

full keyless button start ignition

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SS Sportwagon, Audi A4, Combo work hack
Yeah I thought it was kind of neat, if you figure out how to do it then post it up here as I wouldn't mind giving it a go. I also drove one car that all you needed was to have the remote on you when you were near the car and it unlocked when you lifted the door handle and started when pushing the button, didn't even need to take the remote out of your pocket and then the car locked when you got a certain distance away from it. All pretty cool and would be great if someone could work out how to integrate one of these systems into a Holden.

That would be using Radio Frequency, you can buy ID cards and readers and stuff from places like Jaycar and probably hook them up into the central locking/immobilizer functions of the car. I did read recently about a guy who got a RF chip implanted into his hand and a corresponding reader in the car so all he had to do to start the car was swipe his hand over a certain spot. Pretty damn cool, and no-one else could steal it.... Bit of a problem if he ever wanted to sell the car though.

JMP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 Berlina
That sounds like the easier option out of the two, as for selling the car I guess if he ever came across it again in the street he could just hop in and drive away. (just kidding)

kbelt66

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs executive s2
heya CV6Z. Mate i havent seen anybody mention the battery in the key head????
i think every thing MIGHT work as you wanna try but this battery i reckon wont
last long because its hard wired in.
Just something you must think about in the equation???

JMP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 Berlina
I got a feeling you can disarm the factory imobiliser with a tech 2 or something. It was an option I looked at years ago when I installed a remote car starter in my vr statesman. The other option might be to find out the resistance of the key head and wire that into the ignition, that option worked in my statesman but I don't know how different the vt computer is to the vr

2DIE

ONEDOLLAHOLLA
Reaction score
Website
www.torn.com
Members Ride
97 Acclaim
Why don't you just get a memcal with no VATS?

$90 on ebay and don't have to worry about trying to wire up anything crappy like the key head to the barrel.

Then you just need a on switch and a button to turn it over. Would cost less than $120 all up.

westy27

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
You would still need the key in the barrel or similar set up to remove the steering wheel lock wouldn't you? And with the on switch , does that only work when you are in the car with the fob or anytime ? What's to stop someone smashing a window and just starting it ?