Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Genuine front parking sensors on a 2008 Berlina Sportwagon, is it possible?

gsh1970

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SSV ute XYZ XYZ
/\ ha ha - true; got get that video recording function

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
Why? And what ego? The ego of being able to park?

Dude, I meant ego in general... guys tend to have an overinflated view of their actual abilities when it comes to cars.... which seemed to be the case with your comment about not needing sensors and having a go at OP.
Doesnt matter how good you are at parking or judging distances, there's no way you could possibly see as good as someone with cameras and sensors.
The reason I suggested sensors on the Lux is because it's not just parking they are used for. They'll see things you can't.
I wasn't having a dig, I was being matter of fact. Not seeing the need for sensors seems a little egotistical is all.

velj

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 ve sv6 ute
i was looking into getting rear camera, and front sensors done, can anyone tell me who im melbourne could do it? and is it costly?

velj

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 ve sv6 ute
ALSO can i use a after market camera? i dont want to be paying 300 for a 2.3mp shitty camera that i can get off ebay for less then 50

Jjfur87

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE SV6
I have rear sensors on my car, but I'm
not a big fan of the rear camera. I reckon it just makes people worse at reversing, as they rely to much on the camera, but that's a whole other chain of thoughts.

I used to drive a work car with front sensors, and they drove me bonkers. They go off all the time, especially when you go past a truck or bus. If you're that nervous about the front, you could try using your lights to help judge the distance. Much less annoying.

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)
The factory front and rear park assist sensors connect to the GM CAN, and will display the park distances on the screen.
The factory park assist system automatically switches off the park assist once you drive over around 10Km/Hr...

The dealer fit park sensors for the back turn on when reverse is selected...
You could use the same system for the front, but you would have to manually switch it on and off manually when you wanted it...

The factory park assist system doesnt look too complicated in terms of wiring, the only thing your really need it the colour infotainment screen.

[START SARCASM]
Sabath, I know what you mean...

I dont know why people need park assist, automatics, power steering, air conditioning, four wheel drive, abs, traction control, brake assist, stability management, a heater, lumbar support, adjustable seat, doors, roof, a boot, bonnet, reverse gear, windscreen wipers, and seat belts...

If you require any of these, then you shouldn't be ridng a motorcycle !!!!!
[END SARCASM]

velj

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 ve sv6 ute
mums mondeo has front and rear sensors, rear only come on in reverse front only come on when you are going really slow eg 1-3kms like ur parking, and if you dont want them there is a button on the dash that you press nd it turns them on or off, quite good bta