Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

GM.com - Warning of what to expect now under ACL Warranty now Holden is gone.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Holden have made commitments to the ACCC and under ACL
The court enforceable undertaking Holden made to ACCC expired 31 December 2020 which means they (Holden) can go back to being duchebags :eek: Meanwhile GM sits to the side and smiles:mad:
Some on this site may believe GM Holden is dead so GM doesn't care about Australia
GM has pulled out of most markets outside the US, except for Canada & China and maybe a few others... GM doesn’t really care about RHD any more...

The Holden brand name is like dead man walking. GM have no qualms about trashing the Holden name. As is, GM only has one RHD designed/manufactured vehicle which is the Corvette. I doubt GM will design another RHD vehicle going forward. For the moment they will sell Corvette down under using the GMSV brand. GM also have a 3rd party conversions of some LHD trucks to RHD but GM’s heart isn’t here in this small pond. In GMs view there is no gain in such small markets as they’ve dumped ones much much bigger than ours. For, GM selling a few 1000 vehicles a year (if they are lucky) isn’t the game they want to be in.

GM gave the middle finger to the federal government when $$$ support wasn’t continued and the federal governments bluff to close down was called (maybe it wasn’t a bluff, LNP didn’t really want them here taking $$$ - other countries threw money at such large skilled manufacture and still do)...

Holden/HSV owners shouldn’t expect any less of a middle finger from GM... The critical parts to keep these vehicles on the road will be costly, will be shipped as required causing lengthy stints of Vehicle Off Road. Such a transition will be swift and will happen in the next few years... much earlier than 2017 + 10 years... :mad: We shouldn’t kid ourselves :confused:

Last edited:

VCoz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Calais SW LS3 MY16
The court enforceable undertaking Holden made to ACCC expired 31 December 2020 which means they (Holden) can go back to being duchebags :eek: Meanwhile GM sits to the side and smiles:mad:
GM has pulled out of most markets outside the US, except for Canada & China and maybe a few others... GM doesn’t really care about RHD any more...

The Holden brand name is like dead man walking. GM have no qualms about trashing the Holden name. As is, GM only has one RHD designed/manufactured vehicle which is the Corvette. I doubt GM will design another RHD vehicle going forward. For the moment they will sell Corvette down under using the GMSV brand. GM also have a 3rd party conversions of some LHD trucks to RHD but GM’s heart isn’t here in this small pond. In GMs view there is no gain in such small markets as they’ve dumped ones much much bigger than ours. For, GM selling a few 1000 vehicles a year (if they are lucky) isn’t the game they want to be in.

GM gave the middle finger to the federal government when $$$ support wasn’t continued and the federal governments bluff to close down was called (maybe it wasn’t a bluff, LNP didn’t really want them here taking $$$ - other countries threw money at such large skilled manufacture and still do)...

Holden/HSV owners shouldn’t expect any less of a middle finger from GM... The critical parts to keep these vehicles on the road will be costly, will be shipped as required causing lengthy stints of Vehicle Off Road. Such a transition will be swift and will happen in the next few years... much earlier than 2017 + 10 years... :mad: We shouldn’t kid ourselves :confused:
ACCC expiry in 31 December 2020 may be why GM Australia behaves as it is doing (QLD ACL continues and my Holden factory Warranty exists until August 2021). Time available to do this.
Re FUTURE Prediction? In the near future >>> GM are heading for only all Electric Vehicles - LHD or RHD will be no real difference/cost to tool up and manufacture, then the GM's market will be all countries. GM (USA) will likely want a stake in Asia and UK/Australia particularly if China problems keeps building keeping its cheap future EV vehicles out of the trading partner markets (for whatever trade dispute/war reason).
My feel is GM will be back in business in Australia (GM XXXX) and universal GM EV's will be available in all countries, especially those friendly to the US. $$$$ rules.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
ACCC expiry in 31 December 2020 may be why GM Australia behaves as it is doing (QLD ACL continues and my Holden factory Warranty exists until August 2021). Time available to do this.
Re FUTURE Prediction? In the near future >>> GM are heading for only all Electric Vehicles - LHD or RHD will be no real difference/cost to tool up and manufacture, then the GM's market will be all countries. GM (USA) will likely want a stake in Asia and UK/Australia particularly if China problems keeps building keeping its cheap future EV vehicles out of the trading partner markets (for whatever trade dispute/war reason).
My feel is GM will be back in business in Australia (GM XXXX) and universal GM EV's will be available in all countries, especially those friendly to the US. $$$$ rules.

spot on, GM are looking to the future. They don't care about your old banger and neither does anyone else, they just send a form letter to complaints and i would imagine half the complaints just go away, the rest that take legal action keep the lawyers busy, etc etc. Australia is chicken feed, they don't need us.

Now these things wouldn't even come to our market, they are tiny little economy things but the fact is China is a much bigger market and I imagine there's stuff all regulations in their way so you can see why this is their focus going forward.

General Motors brand Wuling has been selling 1,000 of its HongGuang Mini EVs a day, new figures out of China reveal.

A new cabrio version of the HongGuang Mini EV debuted this week at the Shanghai motor show but it is the previous generation that is busting EV sales records.

The HongGuang Mini EV caught media attention in January when it took the title of best-selling EV off the Tesla Model 3 in what was (barely) at the time the world’s largest EV market.

While China’s EV market has since been overtaken by Europe, sales there are still roaring along at a pace.

And even more so for the HongGuang Mini EV, which Wuling sold just shy of 40,000 units in March alone.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
I see Skylarking is a fan of Juice Media as well.
Hahaha, not heard of them but I’ve now got another site to whittle away the hours :p

John a

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zb rsv
I love my car but my battle has just begun ... Holden Customer 'Care' stonewalled, then closed the Holden Dealer's claim for a new engine (more to that but not here at this time). HCC effectively said my case is closed so take it to the Courts if I want to subpoena their technical reports. Queensland has recently passed Lemon Laws. As no likely new or equivalent low Km VF2 LS3 Calais Wagons are a likely alternative to my well looked after Slipstream Blue Calais, I will soon seek a full refund under Australian Consumer Law together with compensation for this abuse by GM.com - GM Australia. I don't need this but to warn others have posted a simple explanatory video (Link below = 3 minutes duration) and propose to create a more complex Part 2 video on 'where GMH Warranty stands today' once legal processes develop.
How can GM survive in Australia under whatever name if this is the way they honor Warranty claims resulting allegedly from manufacturing flaws or problems they are accountable under Warranty to fix or replace.

For those that will ask - 38,000Km traveled (90,000Km service due 'now' (dealer said to hold off on service when seeking a new engine)) - always been serviced by Holden Dealerships on time and with 5W30 Dexos approved oils, run mostly on 98 fuel and I drive it easy (car has had a good life and i expected to keep it for a long time). The Dealer wanted to put in a new long engine - Holden have my videos and the Dealers when kept overnight - 'technical' said all is normal. The Dealer is allegedly an LS3 expert and the people I have contacted admit they are not technical - I suggested to a '2 level up HCC supervisor' then they shouldn't make technical claims if they don't know what they are talking about.

John a

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zb rsv
Feel sorry for you mate I had the exact opposite experience the rear s diff in my zb rsv **** itself last November the diff in these things are electronic something to do with the awd so bloody expensive the dealer was most helpfull no issues at all the whole unit replaced under warranty. Dont know why they giving you ****.dont give up keep at them.

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
yep Holden Aus were ass towards me, so I went to ACCC and my state consumer affairs. All fixed!

Dont be afraid to go to ACCC who will then tell you to go to your state consumer affiars. You also must go back to your selling dealer under ACL something that I did not know.

Glad I took the legal route, I have nothing bust disgust for Holden and GM now and will never buy another new product form them and will make sure others wont either.