Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Good spot for amp?

Brycestro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2
Just to throw another spanner into the works as far as mounting goes, consider making up a false floor and chucking them under there. I recently made a false floor in my VS using MDF which makes my entire boot a level flat surface now (flat with the back of the boot where it goes up for the wheel arch. You get all the benefits of mounting it flat the normal way up, having it away from potential damage from knocks and bumps and still gives you access through the middle rear seat (because it's not blocked off by an amplifier). All mine is is 3mm MDF sheet at very bottom which everything sits on and is screwed to. on the 3mm sheet is some 105mm high pieces of timber which is what hte actual false floor sits on (which is made out of 16mm MDF). Some carpet chucked over that, a small PC fan taxed out of a power supply in the floor and it's done. N.B. with the amount of room under there the PC fan probably isn't required, but it's there regardless just to be sure. cheers.

lieos

what ford i didnt see it
Reaction score
phat_com said:
under the front seats? thats were mine are going
all the cables go under the carpet and along the door frame bits
yea it is one of the neatest installs and every1 asks where are ur amps lol. but yea its easy to do looks neat and works well

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
StoneX said:
I know how to keep an amp cool :) I know they CAN be mounted upside down. I'm just pointing out that they shouldn't be mounted upside down as it CAN cause problems. Most manufacturers recommend against it and i'm against fixing them after it happens.
hang on so i can mount the amps upside down?
omfg you are so confusing!

:p

rainne

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx
mine upside down been like that for awhile i think its fine others think not how about get the FCUK over it

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
mine upside down been like that for awhile i think its fine others think not how about get the FCUK over it
No one said you couldn't... We said you SHOULDN'T as it CAN cause problems. But clearly you're a retard who can't read :thumbsup:

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
oh jesus stone....let it go!

Why did Garfa mention my name in all this?

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
^^ gonna have to agree. StoneX you have made your point, if they don't want to listen then thats thier choice. If you had a look at all rainne's post you would know that it isn't worth our time. Let it go mate.