Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Happy The Way It Is?

berlina411

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV Redline (Weekender). Truck (Daily)
"Hey mate, had mine since oct 2015, still in honey moon phase! Haha. Im never going to get sick of this car... S2lS3, Yesterday at 1:01 PM"

Looks like I'm going to have a really long honeymoon period then. Shot off from the lights today at a major intersection. What seemed like just a few seconds and I look at the speedo and it's at 103kph. Absolutely amazing!! :D And yes the remote start is great for cooling the car down on a hot day
My quote feature is not working so my first line above is a cut/paste quote from S2lS3

RED LION

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline
My thoughts are there won't be anything in the forseeable future that is an upgrade. So I don't see any problem sinking a bit of cash (wheels, brakes, suspension) into my VFII if I keep it for the long term :) Whatever helps me sleep at night lol.

In saying that, this car is still phenomenal stock.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
I've had my Calais for a week now and I'm similar to OP. They have done so well with this thing. I tried the park assist and couldn't stop smiling lol couldn't believe it worked.

First thought I had though was to lower it a bit. Nothing crazy as I hate the tucked wheel look, just something to close the gap. That and window tint will be the first and second prioritys.

I might put wheels on it at some stage just to be different. Something HSV genuine or some nice simple factoryish looking aftermarkets.

Feel free to check it out in the my ride section :)

Ps I've used the remote start way to many times just to hear that thing start up from the outside. That bi modal exhaust is great.

Hi mate, great car you've bought there! I see you want tints, I have 5% tint all round on mine..if you want some pics to get an idea let me know :)

RED LION

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline
Hi mate, great car you've bought there! I see you want tints, I have 5% tint all round on mine..if you want some pics to get an idea let me know :)

Thanks mate. Am I right in saying the darkest legal is 30%? I've booked my tint in for next week and I'm getting just under legal with 20 at this stage. Keen to see some pics if it's not to much trouble :)

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
IMG_0808.JPG
IMG_0806.JPG
Thanks mate. Am I right in saying the darkest legal is 30%? I've booked my tint in for next week and I'm getting just under legal with 20 at this stage. Keen to see some pics if it's not to much trouble :)

Yes you're totally correct in saying that lol...but hey laws are meant to be broken yeah?

Here's a few pics of the 5%.. don't mind the window socks..

Attachments

• IMG_0809.JPG
    IMG_0809.JPG
    113.7 KB · Views: 125

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
IMG_0817.JPG
Cheers mate, here's a couple more in daylight, and without the window sock :)

35% is the darkest legal in NSW, not sure about SA sorry..

As a fellow wagon owner, consider investing in the dust defector over the rear window you see in my first pics. I got jack of all the crap settling on the window and this really helps..and IMO looks pretty good too :)

Attachments

• IMG_0816.JPG
    IMG_0816.JPG
    183.6 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:

LastV8?

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VF2 Redline
View attachment 190020 View attachment 190021

Yes you're totally correct in saying that lol...but hey laws are meant to be broken yeah?

Here's a few pics of the 5%.. don't mind the window socks..
I have 5% on my home theatre and the heat and 'look in' visibility reduction is amazing. Would be great for the back windows in a wagon. However, I will just be doing street legal on my new sedan because I worry about insurance bs (i.e. the risk of having a claim denied). But it seems you have a lighter tint on the driver's from your later outdoor pic so prob all good

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
I have 5% on my home theatre and the heat and 'look in' visibility reduction is amazing. Would be great for the back windows in a wagon. However, I will just be doing street legal on my new sedan because I worry about insurance bs (i.e. the risk of having a claim denied). But it seems you have a lighter tint on the driver's from your later outdoor pic so prob all good

Hi mate, it's definitely 5% all round, but from memory, the rears are 'privacy glass' from the factory which may be the reason they look darker? And I also have Holden window shades on them as well...

Yes, the insurance issue plays on my mind a bit, but the ironic thing is, I have window socks over the rears for the kids, and these are (legally) darker than 5% tints...work that out lol..

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
In QLD only the front windows need to be "darkest legal" whatever it is where you are, the rest can be decals for all they care.