Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Headlight LED upgrade

SSVREDLINE2014

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Is there any place in sydney that will sell and install quality headlight HID?

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Is there any place in sydney that will sell and install quality headlight HID?
Since such HID globes are technically illegal, a business would be foolish to supply and install them as that would expose them to liability issues should you get pinged for such upgrades.

But from what i've read here, installing such globes is no more difficult that installing the standard globes (which to be honest sound like a pain) so DIY shouldn't be too difficult ;) And if one can't change a tyre or a globe, i'd question whether they should even be allowed to drive in the first place :p

vy_berlina03

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 SV6 Storm
I am in Sydney and my Holden dealer was willing to supply and install HID’s for me in my VF

SSVREDLINE2014

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Since such HID globes are technically illegal, a business would be foolish to supply and install them as that would expose them to liability issues should you get pinged for such upgrades.

But from what i've read here, installing such globes is no more difficult that installing the standard globes (which to be honest sound like a pain) so DIY shouldn't be too difficult ;) And if one can't change a tyre or a globe, i'd question whether they should even be allowed to drive in the first place :p

Its easy but looks like a pain to get behind the front tyres into the bar. Would have been much easier if you could access them from under the bonnet..

TANK 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Sorry for the bump but does anyone know where I can get deeper high beam and low beam dust caps?

I have found a few low beam (H7) dust caps but having trouble with the high beam (H9).

Any help would be appreciated.

Pawan Ranta

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Executive wagon
Absolutely spot on
You can't tell whether it's blinding somebody unless you're the one being blinded.

Even though the pattern thrown onto the road might look 'okay', that doesn't mean that it's not shining in the eyes of oncoming drivers.

If you go ahead, make sure the lights are DOT/ADR approved for road use. There's a good reason most, if not all of them aren't.

Btw 6000k is for wank factor. 4300k is the best for vision in a wide variety of weather and road conditions (greater penetration, less reflection off road signs).
I guess higher lumen number is good to keep the driver awake.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Sorry for the bump but does anyone know where I can get deeper high beam and low beam dust caps?

I have found a few low beam (H7) dust caps but having trouble with the high beam (H9).

Any help would be appreciated.

What low beam caps did you go with and how did you go with the high beam caps ?