Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Heads for cammed Ls1.

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
with the manifold you could look for an LS2 item or a fast 92mm than you can use a LS2 90mm throttle with the torque rush adapter. With the 102 you will need ls2 rails or fast fuel rails and also intake gaskets

I think heads will do your car good its just choosing what to go for, I presume I got a good 20rwkw from my heads, I like the PRC heads although the 227's ($2300US) are pretty much the very top of their game but the 225 ($1600US) as cast heads would do you good too its just a matter of how much you want to spend

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
Definitely don't use the LS2 manifold they are the worst flowing of all the LS manifolds.
Of the std manifolds the LS6 is the best and properly ported can out flow a std unported Fast92 although an unported 102 still flows better than the LS6.
I fitted a FAST102 to my LS2 and the driveability is so much better than the std LS2 manifold.
I did a lot of reading and research before looking for one and if you can pick one up under a $1k than they are worth getting.
I haven't had mine tested for power but SOTP feel is that there is more torque through out the low to mid range which is where I spend most of my time in peak hour traffic.
Check out post #3
FAST 102 Vs 90 and 92 - LS1TECH

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
LS2 isn't the worst ls1 is, but it was just another cheaper option as he wanted to run the 90mm throttle, to bad its too damn expensive for the TPIS 90mm snout to be put on the LS6 as there would be gains all over the torque range. Porting the LS6 would be a waist of time as its a 1 piece manifold and all you could do is port match the runners for little benefit

Pretty sure someone done a home job 90mm LS3 snout on an LS6 manifold on LS1.com.au

Last edited:

Cava454

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS, VZ SS
Hand ported heads out of the option?

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
Hand ported heads out of the option?

If thinking of going this way go talk to Pete @ Horsepower Engineering in Capalaba he does good work

Cava454

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS, VZ SS
That's who did mine :)

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
Was that for the VR or VZ? Also what was the price and what was done/included?

Cava454

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS, VZ SS
For my vz mate. Port polish heads+ chamber work, prep work etc. 20thou off heads, assembly inc valves etc.

I supplied springs.

$1400. With a pretty nice flow sheet that surprised my tuner, considering these just his entry level heads.

maxchevy350

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz SS Ute
Definitely don't use the LS2 manifold they are the worst flowing of all the LS manifolds.
Of the std manifolds the LS6 is the best and properly ported can out flow a std unported Fast92 although an unported 102 still flows better than the LS6.
I fitted a FAST102 to my LS2 and the driveability is so much better than the std LS2 manifold.
I did a lot of reading and research before looking for one and if you can pick one up under a $1k than they are worth getting.
I haven't had mine tested for power but SOTP feel is that there is more torque through out the low to mid range which is where I spend most of my time in peak hour traffic.
Check out post #3
FAST 102 Vs 90 and 92 - LS1TECH

Are you running the std ls2 t/b with the fast 102mm?

maxchevy350

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz SS Ute
I can get a pair of trick flow 215 cc heads for under 3k. What do u guys think? Prc 227's will come over the 3k with postage but I wantt to get the best performance as possible so im willing to spend