Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help Buying 09-10 SV6/SS Sportswagon

redvxr8clubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 & VE SS
No-one protesting the 8's and suggesting i should go back to 6?

Also any concerns about the salt in the air in beach areas causing corrosion to panels or Chassis?

The sixes are quite good really, from a fuel perspective if you drive it in city traffic the eight is going to use at least 20% more fuel, out on the highway there is nothing in it, very similar fuel consumption. Looking on Carsales, there are some VEII SV6 wagons for sale for similar money to the SS VE. You should probably check out insurance before you buy. From the salt perspective you would have to check it out, and/ or get it inspected.

agsryd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II SV6 Sportswagon
I just bought an SV6 series 2 sportswagon. I love it. good on fuel and picks up when you need it to. not to mention comfy. just make sure all the seats are tight and not loose.

StreetCredTim

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais
good to know! i have taken a 2010 with the newer 6sp auto and it definitely made a big difference!

What do you mean with the tight seats? as in the actual mounting of the seats?

I just bought an SV6 series 2 sportswagon. I love it. good on fuel and picks up when you need it to. not to mention comfy. just make sure all the seats are tight and not loose.

StreetCredTim

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais
Well i never city drive, but i don't really highway drive either.. more of a semi rural area. i'm actually driving a v8 land cruiser at the moment so i'm getting an understanding of the consumption.

Insurance between the 6 and 8 for me works out to only be $300 difference, which is really not much more than my previous 05 calais.

i'm just finding it hard to look at the 6's and say 'i'll buy that' whereas if i pay 1k more i can pick up an 8 with the same body/year/kms.. Its doing my head in :bomb:

The sixes are quite good really, from a fuel perspective if you drive it in city traffic the eight is going to use at least 20% more fuel, out on the highway there is nothing in it, very similar fuel consumption. Looking on Carsales, there are some VEII SV6 wagons for sale for similar money to the SS VE. You should probably check out insurance before you buy. From the salt perspective you would have to check it out, and/ or get it inspected.

mantaray56

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 Z
Get a V8 otherwise you will always regret it, I know I have :doh:

StreetCredTim

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais
Thats what i keep thinking!

When they don't cost that much more than a 6.. other than fuel, insurance etc.

What about rego? is rego much more?

Note, the option 1 i was looking at has dropped his price to $18,500

Get a V8 otherwise you will always regret it, I know I have :doh:

scouser king

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SS
I thought i might add. I sold my VE SS, went to look at a VF SV6 wagon and left with an 09 LS3 R8 Tourer :rofl2:. More cylinders and displacement is always the answer. i DON'T have any regrets. Get the V8.
search