Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore Limited Edition models

KiwiSSVR-LMF

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Redline Sportwagon
Dilemma for my MSE (delivered in 2 weeks) ; to be a daily driver :
1. Keep Standard
2. W375
3. W407.

Money is there for all options, but now the decision has to be made it has become more difficult than ever!
W407 will give you a bit of a fuel smell so not everyone's taste. Nice idle though. W375 and 20mm lower is more satisfying I reckon.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
W407 will give you a bit of a fuel smell so not everyone's taste. Nice idle though. W375 and 20mm lower is more satisfying I reckon.
Yes thats just the state of tune, shouldn't smell with optimum tune.

Dirty Harry

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF MY17 Series 2 Redline - Red Hot
Commonwealth Motors Holden in Canberra are advertising on FB that they have a white Director available if anyone is interested. Number 332 of 360. I have no idea of price though.

ProfMopar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8 Auto
Southgate Holden, Adelaide southern suburbs, have a Nitrate MSE Auto NOPD in the showroom, FOR SALE. I don't know the build # nor the price, I was too besotted to do anything smart at all.

Martin Norris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7
Southgate Holden, Adelaide southern suburbs, have a Nitrate MSE Auto NOPD in the showroom, FOR SALE. I don't know the build # nor the price, I was too besotted to do anything smart at all.
Now you've seen the real deal Professor, what's the verdict?

ProfMopar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8 Auto
Now you've seen the real deal Professor, what's the verdict?
Stunning, Martin. I was struck with the quality of the whole package. The decals are very smart, very professional, and applied micrometre-perfect. Even though this example has the standard lip spoiler, from the rear Nitrate looks great with the red, blacks, and greys. The dealer informed me that because my build date is October, it may be possible to swap colour allocation with a Spitfire car as there are still several unsold Spitfires allocated out there in dealer land. However, having seen this Nitrate example, albeit sans T43 spoiler, I am convinced Nitrate strikes a perfect balance between toughness, classiness, and good ole muscle car atmosphere; no reason to change.
I must say, I agree with your ideas re red/silver, it really works. Surprisingly (to me) the red DRL surrounds look great, as do those mirror scalps, and I didn't even see it in the sunlight...GLA's images demonstrate that the red things all fluoresce in Hemi orange under the sunlight. I suspect I won't be altering anything. The rear wheels are big, the tires wide, from a vantage point down low to the rear and side, the MSE looks very tough. Short of someone offering me Phase 3 HO money for it down the track, I don't reckon I'd ever sell it. You and I (and 70 odd others) made a good choice.

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
Nitrate has been the best colour Commy I've owned in terms of ease to care for and overall looks.
Had a VE Karma blue, VE Alto grey and Gen F Sting red alongside the VF Nitrate silver. Loved those colours (obviously as I bought them) but they're not as good as Nitrate silver with black trim.

Alchemistry

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V, VF Calais V, VF II Director
Nitrate has been the best colour Commy I've owned in terms of ease to care for and overall looks.
Had a VE Karma blue, VE Alto grey and Gen F Sting red alongside the VF Nitrate silver. Loved those colours (obviously as I bought them) but they're not as good as Nitrate silver with black trim.
Hi Snowdoggy: Thanks for your feedback on Nitrate. I have a Director on order in Nitrate and was interested in what you said. I was a bit disappointed that there were no colours for the Director. Silver is the best choice. I had a VF Calais V in Alchemy and loved it. Always looked smart but as with dark colours a pain to keep clean and showed stone chips more readily. BTW, does anyone know what the differences are with MRC on MSE and Director. Reading Holden's specs it would seem that there are different tunes for each. Everyone who has driven the Chevy SS and the HSV offerings rave about how good it is. One review on the HSV Senator Gen F said:

Well, that is, except for one major difference, and it’s down to those three letters. HSV has had Magnetic Ride Control (MRC) on its Senator and GTS models since the E Series launched in 2007, but the Gen-F gets a Generation 3 system claimed to respond more quickly and be more comfortable.
It has absolutely worked. The Gen-F Senator Signature rides superbly even against entry-level luxury cars running chubby rubber. But taking into account the 35-aspect 20-inch wheels, its comfort levels are absolutely astounding. It rides much, much better than the Clubsport, and is better even than the Holden Calais V on 19s, both of which get fixed dampers.
The Senator doesn’t fidget on freeways, it ignores small road imperfections, and barely dignifies road joins. Yet it always remains controlled. It truly rivals the air suspension of the Mercedes-Benz E- and CLS-Class, which have long been the benchmark for compliance, and likely beats them both for body control.
Not a bad recommendation, eh.

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
This thread has been derailed quite a bit. Any new members taking orders of their MSEs and want to share thoughts/pictures?
I'm getting my 385kw upgrade this week so will report back with my thoughts on that late this week.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
This thread has been derailed quite a bit. Any new members taking orders of their MSEs and want to share thoughts/pictures?
I'm getting my 385kw upgrade this week so will report back with my thoughts on that late this week.
New plates showed up for my Magnum yesterday.

2017-06-26 21.47.10 (Medium).jpg