Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Cruze

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
LOL, I'm in the same boat Reaper. We'll be in the market for a car for the mrs in a few months and she's already sold on the Cruze! I think it would look good in the garage beside the SSV. So yeah, a test drive is definitely on the cards when they come out...

Anyone have any idea on pricing??

Low/mid $20k. Similar to most in that class.

Reaper

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
Meh, its just another boring 4 cylinder FWD that doesn't really bring anything new to the table...doesn't interest me at all I'm afraid.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Meh, its just another boring 4 cylinder FWD that doesn't really bring anything new to the table...doesn't interest me at all I'm afraid.

Ton better than the Viva that it replaces. I think it will do ok in its market segment.

Reaper

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Ton better than the Viva that it replaces. I think it will do ok in its market segment.

Reaper

I don't think its even near its own Korean competition let alone what else is out there. The Hyundai i30 is under 20k, so the Cruze is going to have to be VERY competitively priced.

Its main competition is probably the new Ford Focus, the new Mazda 3, the Hyundai i30, Kia Cerato, Honda Civic and Jazz and of course the Toyota Corolla and maybe even the Holden Astra.

Mazda 3 is 20k. Honda Civic is 22k/Honda Jazz 16k. Even the base model Astra is only 22k, and the Ford Focus is 20k as well.

The Viva is about 19k, hence why it doesn't sell as for the price there are much better cars out there. The Cruze will have to be priced at or under 20k.

Last edited:

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Yeah those cars in another leauge no doubt but it'll be ok for those wanting to support Holden(ish) been awhile since they had a Camira :)

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
It's just a shame the damn thing is hideous :)

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
I don't think its even near its own Korean competition let alone what else is out there. The Hyundai i30 is under 20k, so the Cruze is going to have to be VERY competitively priced.

Its main competition is probably the new Ford Focus, the new Mazda 3, the Hyundai i30, Kia Cerato, Honda Civic and Jazz and of course the Toyota Corolla and maybe even the Holden Astra.

Mazda 3 is 20k. Honda Civic is 22k/Honda Jazz 16k. Even the base model Astra is only 22k, and the Ford Focus is 20k as well.

The Viva is about 19k, hence why it doesn't sell as for the price there are much better cars out there. The Cruze will have to be priced at or under 20k.

Have you actually seen one yet???

Reaper

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I've seen pictures:)?, even if it's the best handling small fwd car in the world (which it wont be) it's quite bad looking, it's a Daewoo and it's up against some very good German and Japanese cars in the same price range. It's a big ask to outsell those kind of cars especially when you have perhaps the least gifted in the looks department to start with

eurekamad94

street kiddo
Reaction score
Members Ride
kitted, tuned, sick pantha VS
the interior in these are MINT! look's soooo nice

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
I've seen pictures:)?, even if it's the best handling small fwd car in the world (which it wont be) it's quite bad looking, it's a Daewoo and it's up against some very good German and Japanese cars in the same price range. It's a big ask to outsell those kind of cars especially when you have perhaps the least gifted in the looks department to start with

Looks are very subjective and everybodies opinion - good bad or indifferent is valid. I was more referring to build quality, seat comfort and general impressions of it vs it's peers.

Reaper