Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden no more: 600 jobs go, 10 yr support.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
He quit his job because he gets as much on Centrelink.

Just wait until indue is rolled out to the masses he would have a different opinion ;)

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
I can assure you that people with children get far more than $260 a week. Some familys receive more from Centrelink than those who are working full time. ;)
Yes and I cant name them or their religion, but they do love driving black 4wd.

A single parent with 4 kids is on around $1000 a week no tax
Don't know were your getting that info from, my brother was married and received payment for 4 kids on a pension and only got 1600 or their about a fortnight. Rent was 900 a fortnight then you got school fees and utilities cost and food.
Yes I agree with the payment is to high a guy working only getting say 800 a week with kids better off staying home and get welfare than to work.

A single pensioner gets $926 a fortnight, plus health care card, Housing Tas rent of $150 a week, and discounts on power, rego. When i started my job 5 years ago i was on less than a pensioner and had to drive 80km each to get to work and back, five days a week. Pensioner can sit back and watch TV all day and still get more money than I was on.
So you was getting paid 463 a week? When was that 20 years ago I last worked in retail got 740 a week and that was 9 years ago.

I had a bloke with kids come in yesterday. He quit his job because he gets as much on Centrelink and doesn't have to pay for petrol to get to work.
Yes I know I remember back when I was doing a NWOP and a guy wanted to stay and learn but that meant he would of being worse off about 600 if he stayed so he asked would he be able to get the same pay if he did the program they said no. LOL so he just stayed home and did nothing for more and it was Centrelink own program.

I had a bloke with kids come in yesterday. He quit his job because he gets as much on Centrelink and doesn't have to pay for petrol to get to work.
You cant quit a job and get paid straight away its a 3 month wait well it use to be.

I know one thing their is a special group that are supreme at rorting Centrelink and they don't stop it so they keep the peace, I love to get 60k a year for doing nothing.

I'm classed as a Pension but with limit hours so I get the pension discounts but only the NS payment of 540 a fortnight.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
That's with a child, and its about 60 for each extra child.

Attachments

• Screenshot (5).png
    Screenshot (5).png
    102.7 KB · Views: 138

scaredyet

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VZ Lumina Wagon
Guys we keep thinking it's only 600 jobs lost. That number is from head office. It's more like 6000 will be affected. All the dealers, mechanics, receptionist, spare parts apprentices etc

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
@Trevor loves holden. What you posted doesn't show all the payments a parent on welfare gets. We have to download Centrelink income statements most days and with all the extra allowances you'd be surprised what people get.
As for me getting less than a pensioner it was because all the hours they could afford worked out to less than $920 a fortnight. It's now changed as after 4 years on the bottom i got a promotion.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
@Trevor loves holden. What you posted doesn't show all the payments a parent on welfare gets. We have to download Centrelink income statements most days and with all the extra allowances you'd be surprised what people get.
As for me getting less than a pensioner it was because all the hours they could afford worked out to less than $920 a fortnight. It's now changed as after 4 years on the bottom i got a promotion.
That is only the pension figures. I only get the 80.00 extra for paying private rent a fortnight and 14 for pharmacy allowance, my rent is 230 a week so 460 turns into 380 per fortnight rent, monthly bills about 300, doesn't leave much to do anything, lucky I don't have any debts I brought everything with cash when I was working, if my car dies then I will just get public transport wont have the money to upgrade, I don't qualify for DSP not enough points was on 18 out of 20 until Turnbull changed it and made it for one thing only with the highest points which is now 10, yes I challenged it I also keep getting told by job search providers to go for it again as there nothing they can do for me but just keep getting knocked back, I have a bench mark of 15hr a week I said yeah right I be struggling to do 1 day a week with the constant pain. I love to work again but no one will take a chance as my body can be out of action for up to a week sometimes stuck in bed. Tried everything I can and just cant get any where I just have to wait till I make pension age struggling along the way.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Guys we keep thinking it's only 600 jobs lost. That number is from head office. It's more like 6000 will be affected. All the dealers, mechanics, receptionist, spare parts apprentices etc
That's correct a lot of small business who relies on big manufacturing for support will also close, same like our coal power stations the little guy will have to close shop to, bearing and bolt suppliers to small hardware stores they all take a hit, without manufacturing or steady paid income then people wont be able to extend or do those projects small business relies on, so those business will either close or lay off staff. This government is out of touch they don't care for this country.

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
why we talking about the poor. class divide has slid towards the rich. issue with federal minimum wages is welfare makes you rich in town and homeless in a eastern city. UBI probably doesnt work in our country with our culture of **** you i got mine.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
why didn't they just sell off the brand if they were planning to close it? That Gupta guy at one stage wanted to buy it and open the factory and build the cars as a niche market. it could of worked. HSV has and will be doing it.

Has to be worth something for anybody to pay for it. Somebody posting on the internet they would like to buy it and actually handing over the cheque are 2 very different things

GM has no interest in Australia or RHD. Thats their loss, they are too stupid.

Yup, it has been plain for 2 years GM have had no interest in RHD. The moment they announced Opel would supply product then within months sold out to PSA made their future exceeding difficult. Interestingly GM couldn't make money from Europe for 20 or more years. Within 2 PSA managed to turn Opel into a handy profit center. Pretty damning of GM IMO.

The government has step in and do something, they need to nationalise Holden, just like Qantas. What is Australia without its car - Holden, without its airline-Qantas, without its shoes - RM Williams

LOLWUT? Qantas are a private company. As far as Holden is concerned, exactly what would you suggest they sell?

What will happen to the Holden name? is GM going to keep it? what about all the archival information/papers/documents/videos that are locked away in the Holden vault. I know at Elizabeth there is a small team archiving stuff to go to the National Motor Museum, but what happens now?

GM own the name and would continue to I presume unless there is a buyer. The only manufacturer that it could remotely fit with is PSA..... maybe....